Euro Recliners

I have a question on the Euro recliners. We are getting closer on our purchase of a Sundance fifth wheel. One option is the euro recliners. Anyone have any comments on them. I am a Lazy boy fan when it comes to recliners and these do not look ideal to me for comfort. If someone has them in their unit would appreciate some feedback. I would also consider just adding my own after delivery.
Thanks

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I had them for about 4 months. Very comfy at first but after about an hour in the chair they got kind of hard and not much room (for big guys) to move around, change position. I was lucky to be able to trade them off to a neighbor with a brand new Mobile Scout. He wanted Euro Chairs but he bought his off the lot and it came with decent recliners that matched our color scheme. Now, 3 years later, we have Lazy Boys.;)

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
We removed our chair and replaced it with Lane recliners from JC Pennys. See this thread. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=9450&highlight=recliners Bob:D

Niles

We also had the Euro chairs, they are not meant for us full figure boys, I would go with something else. Get whatever comes standard and then upgrade to whatever you want. We replaced ours with Lambright gliders, much much more comfy.

jimtoo

calgarygringo,

We had them in our first 3055, but in the new one we went with reg recliners, and then got Lazy boys to replace them,,, more comfortable. The Euro's were comfortable enough for us, (maybe I'm not quite as full figured :eek: as a couple of the other unnamed :p posters:D) but it seemed every time you needed to get up or just move around, the foot rest (stool) was in the way. It or they (2) will take up valuable floor space in your living room.

Just to check out the amount of space they use, set up a couple of TV trays or something like that in front of your chairs and try to think of them as your foot stools and leave them there for a little while.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
wow jim.............you really know how to hurt a guy. Poor j.b. Dont listen to him.... He's just a cranky ol' man.

jimtoo

Yes,,, he is. That being said,,, enough said..:D But,,, he is a great guy and friend to all. :angel:

Last edited:

jbeletti

Thanks for defending my honor Bob.

But jimtoo has had to feed me. many days in a row. So he knows what it takes to get the job done. I miss Bette's breakfast burritos.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
calgarygringo,

We had them in our first 3055, but in the new one we went with reg recliners, and then got Lazy boys to replace them,,, more comfortable. The Euro's were comfortable enough for us, (maybe I'm not quite as full figured :eek: as a couple of the other unnamed :p posters:D) but it seemed every time you needed to get up or just move around, the foot rest (stool) was in the way. It or they (2) will take up valuable floor space in your living room.

Just to check out the amount of space they use, set up a couple of TV trays or something like that in front of your chairs and try to think of them as your foot stools and leave them there for a little while.

Jim M

DITTO!! hated those foot stools after a couple of months....

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
When we got a Sundance, we replaced the recliners that came in the trailer with Euro chairs made by Lane. When we got the Big Country, we brought the Euros with us in that we really liked them better than the recliners that came in the BC. That's been 2 years ago and we still enjoy the Euro's giving the BC's recliners to my son to put in his rec room.

We were out trailer hunting today and ran into a couple of Bighorns on the dealers lot with these chairs. Gave them a good run for the money and I have to agree with you guys they definitely are not the answer I think I will stick with the standard and get a Lazyboy after.

jbeletti

We were out trailer hunting today and ran into a couple of Bighorns on the dealers lot with these chairs. Gave them a good run for the money and I have to agree with you guys they definitely are not the answer I think I will stick with the standard and get a Lazyboy after.

Or, do a recliner delete on your order and put that towards the Lazy Boys :)

Jim