EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clymer

Re: rally reservation

Scrapple - no way jose, no panhas or white pudding either

OK I just made our reservation arriving Thurs the 10th and leaving Monday the 14th and yes we LOVE scrapple yummy and Lee drowns his in maple syrup ;) We are booked into site #1536 so anyone who wants scrapple and home raised free range eggs (fresh from our farm) can visit us any morning....oh yes and home fries as well!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Well, as of this morning, my daughter has missed 11 days of school due to SNOW. We are now somewhere around 62"-63" of snow, with 4"-6" expected by Thursday am. She now is scheduled to go until June 11th. We are to arrive at the rally on Thursday the 10th. I guess it is time to talk to the school about an educational vacation.

tomjanej

Just made our reservation for the PA rally. Young lady at Spruce Gulch was great even tho its past the 'deadline'. We'll be on Site 1553. First rally, 2010 Sundance, new last summer. Looking forward to meeting some of you folks. Think spring.

dieselsweetheart

Well, as of this morning, my daughter has missed 11 days of school due to SNOW. We are now somewhere around 62"-63" of snow, with 4"-6" expected by Thursday am. She now is scheduled to go until June 11th. We are to arrive at the rally on Thursday the 10th. I guess it is time to talk to the school about an educational vacation.

Oh my gosh!!! 11 days missed! Ya I guess you are up higher than the rest of us..more snow...we had 22" in our area...more snow to come tonight/tomorrow...but not sure how much or when the bulk of it will arrive. Supposedly it will be worse on Friday when 50 mph winds come to town...better make sure the generator is working!!! Jamie..start home schooling so Madison can take an earlier leave from school...poor kids! This is when it would be nice to have online classes for them or cable classroom lessons!

dieselsweetheart

Hi Tom...can you send me a PM and give me your info...name, etc so I can add you to my roster.....thanks! And welcome to the rally!!!!! Yup, more snow coming in overnight...think SPRING!!!!

dieselsweetheart

Re: 2010 PA Chapter Rally

Geez being a Pennsyltuckian ys think you would know it is Shoo-fly pie. One of my favorites, right up there with Mince Meat and fruit cake. All specialties on my PA Dutch grandmother.

Duane, Jim might not know how to spell it but he sure knows how to eat it!!!

Jim & Harriet

Re: 2010 PA Chapter Rally

We are so tired of the cold and snow - nice to think about Spring and Summer RV plans.
Stay safe and warm ... see ya'll soon!

dieselsweetheart

Hi everybody!!! The sun is shining and the temperature is just right for a late March afternoon....wow, what a great w/e we just had!!! I bet everybody was out in their Heartland getting organized for spring! Got this winter behind us so now it's all about the planning for the fun times!!! I got an email confirmation today for another reservation but I don't know this owner....Vicki?? Can you post here if you know about us?? Thanks!!! I will be working on an attendance sheet this w/e and will get that posted so we can all see who's coming and where their sites are! Have a great week and chat soon!!!!

MrsChrispy

Queen of the Black Tank

margarita machine?!?! now THAT is my kinda camping! :D

i wish we had an exact delivery date on our 21FBS -- we've never been to a rally, and it sounds like FUN! (rumor has it that we'll take delivery end of may/early june.. apparently some delay due to our choice of fabric).

my husband used to camp at spring gulch as a child and it's still on our list to get to this year -- he's definitely in at just the mention of the shady maple!

dieselsweetheart

Hi Tricia! Thanks for checking in!!! I hope you get your North Trail ASAP too!!! We'd love to have you join us! Are you brave enough to go to TN and the big rally?? It's a long trip but we are breaking it down over 2 days...hope you're thinking of attending...last year we attended the big rally for the first time...and we had a great time...lots of fun people! Stay in touch!

dieselsweetheart

Just a reminder for those of you who aren't "official" owners... meaning you didn't join and get your membership plaque...I highly recommend that you do!! Let Jim Beletti know you want to become a member of the owners club...the sooner the better!!!

dieselsweetheart

Hello everyone!! By now I'm sure you are stocking up your Heartlands in preparation for your first camping trip of the season....we are headed out in 2 weekends and can't wait! I hope the w/e is as nice as what we've had...

I just wanted to prepare you all for the game we will be playing at our rally in June...we are going to play "Minute to Win It" and if you haven't yet seen the show on NBC I suggest you take a look...Sunday nights at 8p on your local NBC channel. You have a minute to complete a task and move on to higher levels. We will play in teams. Also, check out the game online...look under NBC.com and check out the show!!

Happy April!

cableman

Just came in from loading and hooking up the north trail. We will be taking our first trip of the year. Leaving tomorrow and going to wolfs in knox Pa. nice campground and they have a nine hole golf corse if it don't rain all weekend. Looking forward to the june rally.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s

Better late than never. We just booked our reservation for your rally. We will be on Site 1536, arriving June 11 departing June 14. We are looking forward to joining the fun.

dieselsweetheart

Hi Dan and Lexie..have a wonderful time!!! We are headed out this coming w/e to Lum's Pond in DE...just south of Wilmington. We tour the DuPont mansions and gardens when we are there. That's always our first trip out...not too far... getting excited for the campfire again...hope it doesn't rain! Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

Hi Ann...welcome to our Pa group! We are happy to have you! Stay tuned for more info!!

dieselsweetheart

Was hunted down last w/e while at Lum's Pond in Newark by a great couple who saw my post that we'd be there...they just purchased a 3670 (my dream machine) and are very excited to join the Heartland family...they are going to join the owners club... they are also Harley people...came over on their "hog" LOL does anyone call them hogs anymore?? Jim and uh oh...? Kelly? They promised they would write to us here but haven't heard from them yet. They are signed up to join us at our Pa rally! Welcome!!!

Jim & Harriet

I have watched that game on TV so let me be the first to volunteer to "keep score!" Have any other meal or tour plans been
made - I seem to remember a great buffet restaurant and flea market being mentioned early in the rally discussions? Love playing those games ...

Status
Not open for further replies.