EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomjanej

Just spoke with Spring Gulch. They did some juggling to accommodate folks and moved us to 1520. Guess they were going to surprise us when we arrived.
That's fine and we look forward to meeting you all. 2" of snow on the ground here this morning. UGH

Do they know what they are doing ? Called to try to register for a spot and they said that none were available in that area of that park and they could offer a w/e site in different section of the park - I guess we can always call back and try to get someone who cares a little more....

jbeletti

Re: rally reservation

Louise,

Did you mention code 7203 when you called? It must be a code to more info about this event for the reservationists.

Jim

tomjanej

They were a bit 'snippy' when I called. I explained that two of us (porthole and us) had been confirmed for the same site. I was told that was 'impossible' with their system???
Anyway, they looked up my confirmation # and told me that I had been moved to 1520. That's ok but it would have been nice if they had emailed me or something to let us know as its a bit
unnerving to think you might travel 400 miles and not have a site ! Louise, hope to see you there. Looks like a beautiful park -- once we get straightened out. Happy Camping

dieselsweetheart

Jane, happy that they fixed things...and you're right...they would've had to fix that as you were checking in...not good. Glad the mystery is solved!!!

dieselsweetheart

Oh yeah...they were playing around with Porthole and Hertzberg sites...moving them back and forth...that's why you got caught in the middle of that... they moved them without asking too...then when they complained they moved them back. Somewhere in that move you got inserted into 1553. Have to think that the KOA in Pine Grove and Oogie wouldn't have done that!!!!

RollingHome

Least you guys gotta site :) Me and Patti are stuck down south 200 miles away from all you good people, by ourselves ! Wanna swap ?

Just kiddin, as long as I'm with her I'm happy as a snug in a bug... cause SHE's my sweetie :)

Hey Jim,
Mark did mention to whomever he spoke to that we were part of the Heartland Group, and he gave them the code. He was told we could book a site in another location I believe without full hook-ups. I will call them today with the hope that someone else will be more willing to look a little further. We really want to be there and be amongst the group.

Jim,
Good news! There was a cancellation yesterday, and Mark and I were able to reserve site #1576. Bad news is the young lady spoke to a manager about the possible "expanded" sites for Heartland, and he said that because they did not hear back in time from Heartland, they booked them all. There may be some other sites available, but not with the group. I did want to say that the young lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful. Very glad I called back....see everyone soon!

tomjanej

Glad to hear that, Louise. I had a hard time believing ALL their sites were booked, even those reasonably close to everyone else BUT looked at their events calendar and saw its
"Bluegrass Festival' weekend ---- lots of Bluegrass fans in PA???

dieselsweetheart

Attendees​
PA Rally June 11-13th​
Name
Rig
Arrival Date
Site #
Cheryl and Jim
BH3400
6/9
Jamie, Ginger and Madison
North Trail
6/10
Freckles (Greg and Beth Dean)
6/10
Debbie and John Bylinski
BH
6/10
Bill and Jerry
BC
6/10
Ringhanger (Bob and Dianne)
6/11
Eric and Dorothy
sundance
6/10
Jim and Harriet
Sundance
6/11
Patti and Jon
BH
6/10
Dan and Lexie
Duane and Debbie
Cyclone
6/10
Lee and Kathy
BC
6/10
tomjanej
Ann and Michael Walker
BC
6/11
Hallie and Eric
Sundance
6/7
Jim and Terry
6/11
Louise

dieselsweetheart

Take a look everybody at the roster of attendees... I am missing some information...arrival dates, rig info, and full names. Please send me a message to help fill in the blanks if it's you I need to do that!

Thanks!

Actually, I need to read the forums more carefully. I thought more sites were made available - and seems they were - back in February. How silly I feel now. Naturally, they will book up, especially if there is a Bluegrass Festival. So very sorry to Heartland, especially Cheryl, in thinking they missed a deadline. Bluegrass?! My husband will be over the moon -- he just loves that stuff!

dieselsweetheart

duh!!! I think what happened was that Denise told me on Facebook, not here on the forum and that's how I missed them! Thanks Porthole!!

dieselsweetheart

Shirts and more

Hey everyone....if you'd like a PA rally T-shirt, let me know! Depending on how many interested will affect the cost of the shirt...but I think I can order shirts 36 shirts and they will cost you $10 a piece. I am trying to save rally money for the breakfast buffet at Shady Maple....which, by the way...benefits CLUB MEMBERS! So, if you aren't a CLUB MEMBER..why the heck not??? Check out the forum for information on becoming a CLUB MEMBER! Get yourself a number!!!! Most of you are, but there may be two or three of you here who aren't. Do you know you can save $$$$ at rallies by being a CLUB MEMBER??? The membership fee pays for itself in a short amount of time.... Fellow CLUB MEMBERS, chime in here please and let's convince the non-members to join!!! Do it for your hubby, your wife, your sister, your brother, your daughter, your son...oh heck!!! JUST DO IT!!!!:angel:

Oh, and if you want a shirt at the PA rally, I need sizes!

Status
Not open for further replies.