EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Friday evening plans...

Some of us will be n and settled before Friday...what I would like to do is to have a walk-around to meet everyone (those who are arriving Friday)...say hello...maybe share a snack (there's that favorite recipe maybe?) or a drink with each other?? Friday AM Jim and I will be hosting breakfast at our site to meet those who are already in....remember Jim's waffles from last year?? Back by popular demand!!!

dieselsweetheart

Re: Friday evening plans...

Ding ding ding!!! (confetti flying)... we are now at 100% of members for the PA rally!!!! YAY!!!!!! Our newest member, CampHOG just PM'd me that he is now signed up! YAY CampHOG!!!! WTG!!!! Awesome!!! Heartland Owners ROCK!!!!!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Re: rally reservation

Thanks everyone for all the nice B day messages. Oh by the way, the Margarita machine is operational. It only took three or four tall glasses to get it all working correctly. Or was that five glasses, it is hard to remember.

Jim & Harriet

hi all,
we will be arriving around lunchtime on Friday, sorry to miss the waffles :-(
just wondered if anyone might like to visit the Green Dragon flea market?
http://www.greendragonmarket.com/
it looks pretty amazing.
I know we could only see a very small part of it - but it might be worth the trip (if not too far.)
(if you are planning to head there Friday morning - I understand, Jim & I could head there
later in the day.)

dieselsweetheart

The Green Dragon is a huge flea market/farmers market in that area. I haven't been to it but there is a similar place named ROOTS that is only open on Tuesdays near the Salunga exit off 283. You can find pretty much anything at these places!

porthole

Retired

hi all,
we will be arriving around lunchtime on Friday, sorry to miss the waffles :-(
just wondered if anyone might like to visit the Green Dragon flea market?
http://www.greendragonmarket.com/
it looks pretty amazing.
I know we could only see a very small part of it - but it might be worth the trip (if not too far.)
(if you are planning to head there Friday morning - I understand, Jim & I could head there
later in the day.)

150+ miles from the campground - 1 way. Only fro the NJ Rally

Last edited:

truknutt

Committed Member

150+ miles from the campground - 1 way.

The Green Dragon is minutes from the campground, Duane.

475 Lynch Road New Holland, PA to 955 North State Street, Ephrata, PA = 13.69 miles

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

The Green Dragon is minutes from the campground, Duane.

475 Lynch Road New Holland, PA to 955 North State Street, Errata, PA = 13.69 miles

Duh - I was reading several threads lined up on the tool bar, knew Jim & Harriet where going to the NJ Rally and just assumed this was the NJ thread -- double duh.

Jim & Harriet

so may places to see. so many rallies to attend - did not mean to confuse the issue:confused:
I figured there was a mix-up 'cause I checked trhe drive distance from the PA cg to the
flea market and saw it was much closer than 150 miles. :rolleyes:
might go to the flea market on Saturday afternoon - unless we just decide to nap after
the breakfast buffet!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

I was just thinking about the SEGWAY tours we had last year at the rally. Lots of fun!!!

Remember this....
DSC_7803.JPG

truknutt

Committed Member
I was distracting Serge so you could finally get it off "TURTLE" mode!! You missed the best part of my body going through all those gyrations trying to keep my balance. All you saw was me on my butt!! :p

dieselsweetheart

Ok, time to talk shirts again! I'm in deep negotiations with Martin apparel who does the work for Heartland. Some of you have sent me your sizes...the rest of you have until Thursday AM to let me know what sizes you would like your shirts to be.... As you know...we are NJ bound on Thursday AM but I will check in before I go for all you procrastinators!!!

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Oh yes, the "turtle mode" boy that mode was very boring. They came to life with the segway on fast mode. That was fun, we should be the first heartland chapter to have a Segway as a mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.