EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

The NJ rally has ended their w/e and what a great time we all had...looking forward to 3 weeks when we can all meet again in Pa. Stay tuned!!!

dieselsweetheart

Thanks Bob, and yes, you need to check in more frequently as the next 3 weeks approach...for announcements!

I am calling Shady Maple tomorrow for reservations. I am planning that everyone will attend...if you aren't going to attend, PM me. Breakfast buffet at the Shady Maple is the best way to start any day!!

As I mentioned to some of the folks attending the NJ rally who are also coming to Pa...make sure you check out the NBC show "Minute to Win-it". It is on Wednesday and Sunday evenings..check your local listings!!

Deb B. from NJ gave me a better idea about the recipes...in fact, she started a ring folder with recipes so I will continue what she has started and for those of you who didn't attend NJ I will start a ring binder for you.... so, please PM me a favorite recipe of yours....no later than Monday June 7th please!!

That's all for now!!!

RollingHome

Cheryl & Jim, Patti and I will not be attending your rally, However I have been following your event with enthusiasm behind the scenes. I must say, you have been putting 100% + into this event and we really hope someday to meet you and Jim. I think PA is really blessed to have someone with so much energy and commitment as you two. So until we meet we wish you well and keep up the good representation of PA to the rest of our fine country neighbors. We wish you well, Tom & Patti

PS I love Jim's or yours Triump...

dieselsweetheart

Tom and Patti....are you going to the Nashville rally? If not, we hope you will attend the local rallies next season...we do have a fun time...just check out the photos under the gallery link!! That is Jim's Triumph and he needs to get back to it so we can go out for rides this summer!!!

dieselsweetheart

If thinking about attending but haven't yet made a reservation....

Sorry, you may be out of luck for a site. If you are fairly flexible and think you want to attend, call Spring Gulch and check for any cancellations that may have come up. That's our how newest couple signed up! Have Janet put you on their cancellation schedule for that w/e and she can give you a call if something should come up.... I know people go to one rally and have so much fun they want to go to more!! (As it should be right??).... so for those of you who had fun at NJ and want to visit PA...give SG a call to see what they can do for you!

Re: If thinking about attending but haven't yet made a reservation....

hi all,
I know that everyone is looking forward to the rally but, looking toward July, Jim and I will be heading back into PA but need to find a CG closer to Philadelphia. Anyone have any ideas? We have stayed at the KOA in West Chester - but we found it difficult to get to and the sites were quite "hilly."
Appreciate any suggestions ...
thanks for your help - see ya'll soon! :angel:

Check out the first post (the rally info thread) for updated info...scroll to the bottom...Jim put a new post in today concerning Shady Maple. This is a "no cost" event.

RollingHome

Jim & Harriet, have you considered Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park in Quarryville, PA. ? Their pnone number is 717-786-3458 I think they charge $ 54,00/nite and offer packages. It's more geared up to family's and kids but... it's about 1.3 hours from Philly and in a nice country setting. A second choice is our place, the cost is free, ya get electric and total country and it's kinda ruffin it for a couple of days. The cost is free. ya can't beat dat, can ya ? If it were me, I'd choose the yogi place... JMO

dieselsweetheart

Hello everyone...I just received a PM about a pending cancellation in one of our sites. If you know of someone, or are interested in joining us...please let me know ASAP!!!! It is the site next to ours so I don't want to fill it with an SOB... there was another NJ couple who expressed interest in coming to PA....do we know who they are?? ASAP!!!!!

dieselsweetheart

The photos from the NJ rally are posted on the HOG page...check them out! We had ourselves some FUN! I noticed that the margarita machine got it's picture taken at least 4 times!

good photos! it was really a fun event. I'm sure the PA rally will be another good time for
everyone.
Looking for info about the Brandywine Crek CG - anyone been there? the reviews post
warnings about the enrty road - just wondered if it is really "that bad." Thanks for the
help.
See ya'll soon.

Finally decided to check out the forum....I'm rarely on as you can tell!!! You can usually find me on FB. Just called Spring Gulch to make sure our reservation was still there. We are on site 1554. Thought I saw that someone else was on that site. I was a little concerned when I read that their were double bookings. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone and starting out our camping seasons! You heard right....this is our first trip out this season. I think Bob needs to retire so we can hit the road!!! I saw that someone was asking about a Bluegrass festival? Their is a Blues/jazz festival this Saturday in Elverson. It is called the Chester County Blues Barbecue Festival, hosted by the Lions club. Their will be 3 bands and it starts at 2 and goes until 7. If you go to Chestercountyblues.com you can find all the info. about this event. We plan to go....tickets are $17.00 a person. Look forward to seeing you soon! Denise;-)

Just home from a long w/e in Chincoteague. Great place to go...stayed at the Maddox Campground...this is our 5th year of going on the Mem. day w/e....really enjoy it there and the island is pretty bike friendly... Island Creamery is a must for all you ice cream lovers... Assateague just across the bridge with the lighthouse and the ponies....

so now I'm tired! Jim and I are making a visit to SG this Sat just to refresh our memory on our sites and the layout... Denise I think the issue of the double-booking is resolved...it was because they were moving sites for you and porthole...all fixed now!!

More later!!! T-shirts are ordered and they will be here in time.... they are $10. For those who didn't order and will want one...I have extras.

dieselsweetheart

Oh, I forgot to mention that Whaler21 has taken the site next to us that was cancelled by Jamie Walker. Thanks and welcome! These folks attended the NJ rally and wanted to come to the PA one too....

hertzberg

Cheryl, If you are going to Spring Gulch on Saturday you should think about checking out the Jazz festival in Elverson. You won't be that far from there. If you decide to go....let us know and we can hook up! So far they are predicting good weather for Saturday....should be a nice day for a outdoor concert!

Denise;-)

dieselsweetheart

Denise, what time does it start?

Everybody...just a little over a week for the rally!!! Don't forget to PM me your recipes so I can pass them along to y'all....thanks!

Any questions??

Status
Not open for further replies.