EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, New Holland - 6/11/2010 to 6/13/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cableman

I believe I sent our recipe the other day but I am not sure. Could you let me know if you got one from Dan and Lex.

Thanks.

hertzberg

Hey Cheryl......the Blues Festival starts at 2 and goes until 7. Have you checked out their web-site. You can listen to the bands on this site. They sound pretty good. Actually heard one of the bands about a month ago, where we were having dinner. In case you want to check this out, the web-site is Chestercountyblues.com. Let us know if you want to hook up and I will give you our cell number. Denise;-)

RollingHome

Cheryl, just wondering, me an Patti plan years out. Do you have any ideas for next years (2011) Pennsylvania meet date, and is it etched in stone, just wondering. T&P

dieselsweetheart

Attention everybody... I just received word (sadly) of a cancellation... let me know if you know of anyone else who wanted to attend but couldn't get a site! ASAP!!!

dieselsweetheart

Rollinghome...

We are planning next year's event to hook into the big rally in Elkhart. We are going to find us a site out in western Pa (close to the Ohio border) so that folks can use the PA rally as a stop onto the big one. The big one will be in mid-June...so plan on the PA rally the week before that...

cableman

We live in western pa and may have a couple of ideas. I will give it some thought and we can discuss it next week at the rally.

Jim & Harriet

Yikes! I have a difficult time planning ahead for next month! But this plan for
next year is good to know. I'll send it to my digital calendar. Any idea on
drive distance / time from western PA to the BIG rally? Also - the Elkhart rally -
# of days?
See ya'll soon... :)
ps: sending recipe later tonight

dieselsweetheart

The "big rally" is scheduled for the same amount of time that others are...however, because of the distance for some...they like to go in early...so Jim usually has "unnofficial" things planned for the early-goers. We are thinking if we have our rally S-S-M...people can leave Tues AM and head on in to Elkhart. You can always mapquest Pittsburgh, PA to Elkhart and get that mileage....Pgh is close to the Ohio border.

Good News!!!!

Jim and I went to Spring Gulch today to refresh our memory since it was last fall when we last saw it. It's so much different with RVs in it! We talked to Lisa...who must be the manager...and she said YES.. we can have the Dance Barn (although limited hours) but we can have the barn on Friday 5-7 and Sat 5-7. Now we don't think much is going on before that...so we could probably tweak a 4:30 in there and make it go till 7:30. On Friday night there is Bingo at 8:30 for all you bingo lovers...and Sat at 8p is the dance.
Someone mentioned a "jazz" festival? We're not sure about that but they seemed to have their big jazz festival in May (we saw the leftover T-shirts on sale!)...we are thinking they have entertainment out on the lawn Sat in front of the dance barn. There was a band there today. So maybe that's the same idea. We'll know more when we check in on Wed because they print out the weekly activities.

So..............who's up for a simple pot luck for Friday? We can do an impromptu meet and greet (we did it in NJ huh Deb??)...so let's plan on that for Friday around 4:30-5p ish till we have to vacate. And on Sat...we can do any leftover food and desserts ...plus the game. The dance barn is nice and big...tables and chairs...plenty of room to play the game plus have something to eat!

So I feel a lot better since we went down there and I talked to Lisa...who I didn't talk to before this. Seems she's the "go to" person!

The sites are nice! Shaded...so if it's hot...we should be cool! Plus, the pool and tennis courts are right at the end of our road...so everyone can walk to swim or play tennis...!!!

Stay tuned for more info as the week begins...Jim and I will be headed there on Wednesday late afternoon.

Here is my cell should you need to contact me: 717-497-8459

jnbhobe

Yikes! I have a difficult time planning ahead for next month! But this plan for
next year is good to know. I'll send it to my digital calendar. Any idea on
drive distance / time from western PA to the BIG rally? Also - the Elkhart rally -
# of days?
See ya'll soon... :)
ps: sending recipe later tonight
Pittsburg to Elkhart 360 miles about 6 hr. Goshen rally officially starts on thursday usually, I get there on sunday, monday at the latest

Re: Good News!!!!

A potluck sounds great! This time I will prepare the items before I leave so I can visit more of our friends! :)
Last years' PA rally was our first with Heartland and I remember spending so much time preparing our contribution (shrimp toast). Plus, not having brought my bread from home, my boys couldnt find the kind I usually use.

With the great cookbook Deb Bylinski put together for the New Jersey Rally :) , I sure hope everyone passes on a copy of their recipe so we can start adding to it.

I know we all cook a bit and enjoying eating a lot so we need to really start sharing them.

*****BIG PLUG***** for those going to the Nashville Rally - CHERYL has a great cookbook she will be selling there so please remember to see her for yours.. it will also make a great bridal shower gift or for xmas...***** HINT Cheryl -- time to start putting the info out unless you have and I just missed it.

See you all soon and have a safe trip.
(I am so excited because this rally is right where my bestest friend and rescue partner lives!)

Re: Good News!!!!

Thanks Deb for the cookbook plug! I will actually have them at our rally next week! "Cooking for a Cure" was co-authored by myself and a colleague (we teach in a nursing program) and she is the captain for her area Relay for Life team. What started out as something "simple"..."hey let's pass recipes around" turned into an order for 500 books of collected recipes from other nursing faculty, church members, and other friends and family. $15 donation (every penny goes to the Relay for Life chapter) and the hardback (not spiral bound) ring binder type, 541 recipes is yours. We have received a lot of positive feedback on our collection. All the recipes contain ingredients which you would have on hand or find at the local grocery store... No recipes calling for anything odd that you wouldn't be able to find... everything from smoothies to cakes to potatoes to lollipops to dog biscuits...and even a recipe for bluebird food and rabbit and rodent deterrent!!! Conveniently cross-referenced by author AND recipe title....

I will take cash or a check. $15 to help the fight against cancer. We really need to find that cure to all cancers...medicine has made much advancements and improvements over the years...but we need to find the way to end all cancer!

Thank you!!!

dieselsweetheart

For the potluck I will have some pork BBQ to share...plus a dessert.... we will provide bottled water...so if you want something different to drink...please bring your choice of beverage...!

Jim & Harriet

hi cheryl,
sending the recipe by PM. let me know if you receive it (or not...)

for the potluck - how many foks are signed-up? will there be electric outlets for a crock-pots?
or should we plan to bring salads, etc? either is fine - just need to know what to cook.

see you soon...

dieselsweetheart

Yes there is electric in the dance barn..I would bring enough to share... 35 servings let's say.... by then most everyone should be in and set up... salads will be needed too~ I did get your recipe...thanks! Last call for recipes is noon tomorrow (Monday)... thanks! We have a nice variety to share~

Status
Not open for further replies.