Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Self Leveling?

1. Print this Post   #11

Re: Self Leveling?

X4 for me. I'd buy that option in a heartbeat.

'10 Heartland Cyclone 3010
    '13 Dodge Ram 3500 Crew Cab, 6.7L Cummins - Aisin
    B&W Companion - Firestone Airbags

2. Print this Post   #12

Bobcat you are correct the ultra fab is an electric system. I put it on right after I purchased the 5th wheel not knowing that later I would replace the broken front jacks with hydraulic. Otherewise I could have saved money and had the hydrualic automatic leveling system installed in the first place.

Jaime
    Jaime Gallego
    2009 Big Country 3355 5500 Onan Gold, Ultra Fab Leveling System
    2007 Chevrolet 2500 Crewcab Duramax/Allison Transmission
    Firestone Ride Rite
    Member #1277

3. Print this Post   #13

We are soon to take possession of our 2011 BC and would have gladly paid for self leveling and hydraulic jacks if it had been an option.
    Dave Bobbi and our two traveling companions Tackla and Peeko (our dogs)
    2500 Dodge Quad Cab with Cummings Diesel
    Soon to be proud owners of a 2011 BC 3450TS

4. Print this Post   #14
    New Jersey Chapter Leaders porthole's Avatar

I absolutely would have paid for hydraulic landing gear if available, and if hydraulic leveling was available that too.

AND I push and tried to get the Goodyear tire upgrade that was available across the parking lot at the Big Horn line to no avail.
    I would have gladly paid to up grade to the better tires/wheels. The upgrade price doesn't come close to the cost of replacing something you already have.

I understand the reason of trying got keep the pricing competitive, but maybe there needs to be an "option list" and then an OPTION LIST"
    New Jersey 2017 Chapter Rally

Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

New Jersey's 1st (in several years) Annual Rally

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 4

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

5. Print this Post   #15
    Crazy for Camping! Cycloner3950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tcbrady View Post
    Cycloner3950 - we always have an open mind here at Heartland. That is why we continue to stay ahead of the curve and delivery the best quality/value product. We have a team that is out at shows and in front of customer every weekend gathering information. Please keep the feedback coming and we will continue to listen. Best regards,
    Thanks for the response Coley, that goes without saying, Heartland definitely has a presence but could do much, much more! As a consumer, I spent many hours researching various units before making the decision to go with Heartland Cyclone. I can tell you that I think I knew more than the dealer my case but I made the decision to buy from a wholesaler vs a full service dealer to keep the price down (never again....)

I hope that the message came through clear.....give us more options please, some of us will gladly pay the premium to cover your costs.

Cheers!
    Brad

P.S. - you need better penetration and coverage in Canada. Are you looking for a business manager for the region?? I would be interested in discussing.

6. Print this Post   #16

I would trade my 3210 sooner for a new 36/3812 if this was an available option.

Jason, Monica and Hunter
    Dogs Sierra and Boulder

2011 HD Chevrolet Crew Cab Dually w/Duramax
    2008 Cyclone 3210
    1999 Harley Davidson Road King
    1997 Honda Shadow
    2005 Kawasaki KLR 650
    2009 Yamaha Raptor 700
    2007 Yamaha 125
    2009 Yamaha 110
    Heartland Club Member # 1103

7. Print this Post   #17

Have you talked to Lippert components in regards to their leveling sytem. This is the same unit that is on the Landmark I believe and could possible be added after the fact to your unit. Give LCI a call and ask them if it is available for your coach as an add on item. We do not install any leveling systems at the factory for the Cyclone or Road Warrior products.
    Thanks, Mike

8. Print this Post   #18

As a newbie to the RV thing I have NOT put much thought into the landing gear other than I know that the front on my ordered unit is Hydro but not self leveling. We had narrowed our choices down to 2 units, the Cyclone and the Open Range 397RGR which comes standard with a self leveling system and hydro landing gear. We shopped around locally and wound up buying the Cyclone out of state, $$$. We don't beleive we could have gone wrong with either unit, but money is king and the price and options was far and away a better deal. I am curious as to why it is not offered as a option if folks pay for the option what difference does it make to Heartland to offer it or not???? Those who want it pay for it the same as any other option offered, I would say Heartland must have missed the beat on this as it is standard equipment on the Rolling Thunder from Open Range
    We are pleased with our purchase but reading this thread made me wonder why a business that builds RV's would overlook the things that make RV'ing easier and more pleasurable for the consumer.
    I guess much the same to me as offering AC/Heat in the Garage but not offering to insulate said garage to maximize the end result of heating and air conditioning the area.
    Thanks Mike for the responces but simply saying no we don't do that cause we don't want to is hardly a gratifying responce.

Thanks

Moe in NH

9. Print this Post   #19

I can't believe that your numbers are correct. 5%? I suggest Marketing get out and examine that number again.

I was looking for the most equipped factory built toy hauler on the market. I'm sure everyone else buying one is too.
    That was Cyclone at the time. I'd have gladly paid for auto leveling, hydraulic front jacks, remote control jack and lighting system, backup camera, and tire pressure monitoring system if they'd have been an option.

How many people paid extra for the outside security monitor? I'm guessing not many, but it was still an option.

I hear what you're saying...these things are available in aftermarket, but that's buying things twice. If we extrapolate that idea to the entire coach, a custom rig would be in order.
    GPSHEMI

14' Ram Longhorn Limited Megacab 4x4 w/ Edge CTS & JWA
    Custom Pullrite SuperGlide mount
    2010 Cyclone 3612

2012 - Hopkins, MI
    2013 - Goshen, IN

10. Print this Post   #20
    New Jersey Chapter Leaders porthole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    How many people paid extra for the outside security monitor? I'm guessing not many, but it was still an option.

At least one
    New Jersey 2017 Chapter Rally

Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

New Jersey's 1st (in several years) Annual Rally

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 4

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast