Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Information on RV's For Less in Knoxville, TN

1. Print this Post   #1

Information on RV's For Less in Knoxville, TN

We are looking for any information anyone can give us on purchasing an RV through RV's For Less out of Knoxville, TN. Pro's & Con's. Thx, Irogeo

2. Print this Post   #2
    Southeast Region Director, HOC Nabo's Avatar

Re: Information on RV's For Less in Knoxville, TN

We have purchases 2 rigs from RV's for Less - a Sundance and a Big Country which is our currernt rig. Butch and Karen are great people to work with and have gone out of their way to help us with any problems. RV's for Less is family owned with their children helping out with the business. I would higher recommend them.
    Nathan & Byrd
    BamBam (toy poodle)
    Home State: Tennessee
    HOC #1298
    2014 Ram 3500 drw
    2019 Landmark 365 Newport

3. Print this Post   #3

His prices seem crazy low. Do you have any idea how he is able to do that? Thx, irogeo

4. Print this Post   #4

We just bought a 3670 BH. We sent emails to 3 dealers, one of them being RVs for Less. In the first email we said we would have a trade in. Communication was good between us and 2 dealers. Had settled on a price, asked both dealers to confirm with Heartland about a few options, also asked about a ball park firgure for our trade in. Communcation ceased at this point with RVs for Less. They just stopped communication. I emailed them a couple of other times and there was no response. I felt this was childish on their part. If they no longer wanted to deal with us regarding the purchase they should tell us. I have heard this has happened to other people.

5. Print this Post   #5

Try Chesapeake RV Solutions Ask for Tim
    Jim and Ruby
    U S Navy RET
    2007 Dodge 3500 Cummins, Auto 6 Spd.
    Big Horn Edition, Jake Brake
    Hensley Tru-Brake Controller
    2008 Bighorn 3055RL # 9748

6. Print this Post   #6

We bought our 2007 Bighorn From Butch & Karen. it was one of the easiest big ticket purchase I ever made. I had already visited a few other dealers before I sent out a request to a select few Dealers by E-Mail. We had already visited the Heartland Factory and by the end of the tour I knew the list of upgrades I wanted on our next RV. The dealers I sent our request to soon replied back, one asking for more photos of our trade in. Bottom line, Butch offered a very good price, far far lower than any other I had got.

I first met Butch weeks after I had placed the order over the phone, using my credit card to secure the deal and get the order placed with Heartland. Once the day to swap arrived, our New BigHorn parked in his yard... We took all the time needed to go through the PDI... so we would fully understand how things worked before we pulled out of the dealership. That was the first time they seen our trade in... it went very smooth, well... except for all the stuff we still had to move over to our new home. We were HAPPY CAMPERS !!

Next dealing I had with Butch was for a parts order. I had some sheet metal and trim damage caused by a tire failure. Butch recommended that if I could wait till the next RV delivery from the factory arrived, the parts would be far less costly. He saved me the price of shipping the sheet Metal & Parts, which very well could have doubled the cost of them. I once again left their dealership very pleased... he could have charged me any price, how would I have known?? It's just not in his style of business, not in his nature to take advantage I guess. The parts were very very reasonable. I couldn't be more pleased my dealings with RV For Less and with Butch & Karen's honesty.

it's my opinion... they take a fair profit from the sales of RVs from their dealership. They offer to their loyal customers honesty and fair treatment. They also give back to their community by way of their faith and devotion to helping those who need a helping hand. While I was there picking up our BigHorn, Butch excused his self late in the afternoon... he was on his way to his other regular commitment... he left that evening to help out at a local kitchen serving those who come in for a Hot Meal... perhaps their only hot meal of the day.

They are GOOD People !

Marv & Karen Osborne
    09 Chevy 3500-HD - Duramax & Allison
    Escapees # 82038 - Passport America

7. Print this Post   #7
    Past Heartland Ambassador kakampers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
    We just bought a 3670 BH. We sent emails to 3 dealers, one of them being RVs for Less. In the first email we said we would have a trade in. Communication was good between us and 2 dealers. Had settled on a price, asked both dealers to confirm with Heartland about a few options, also asked about a ball park firgure for our trade in. Communcation ceased at this point with RVs for Less. They just stopped communication. I emailed them a couple of other times and there was no response. I felt this was childish on their part. If they no longer wanted to deal with us regarding the purchase they should tell us. I have heard this has happened to other people.
    We had to same type of experience with RV's for less...however, when we stated that fact on the forum, the owners went behind the scene and our backs, tried to discredit us and make it look as though we were "picking" on them....that too was very childish.

On the other hand, as someone else mentioned, RV Solutions in Cheasapeake, VA is a really great and responsive dealer, and I understand their pricing is really good too...We had emergency service work done there, even though we did not buy from them, and they treated us like we were one of their own!
    Ken & Kathy - H.O.C. #1077
    '17 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD DRW Long Bed w/Nav, Sunroof, Curt 24Q, WIFI, Sprayed liner, Deep Ruby Metallic!
    '2013 Landmark Key Largo, Fullbody Paint and virtually every option PLUS Mor Ryde IS and Disc Brakes - Our Dream Coach!!

8. Print this Post   #8

bought our Landmark from RVs for less, sight unseen and they took our trade in on the same basis - both the sales price and trade-in value were better than any of the other dealers we had contacted ( at least 5 other dealers).

Process was done entirely over phone/internet - I couldn't say more good things about Butch and Karen. I would defitnitely buy from them again.

Mark and Lucia Burton

"Buddy" and "Sadie"

Eastern Region/VA Chapter
    Member #1407
    2009 Heartland Landmark Oakmont
    2007 Dodge Ram 3500

Events:
    2010 HRR:NC #388
    2010 HCR:PA #1576
    2010 HIR:TN #?

9. Print this Post   #9

We also bought our BH from RV Solutions. He had a great price, same as RVs for Less, and pretty much included all sorts of things in his price(installed solar we provided, ran extra cables and electricity etc.). The items he installed we would have gladly paid for the installation. Just a nice dealer and great to deal with.

10. Print this Post   #10

We ordered our new Big Country from RV's for less and let me tell you they were MUCH MUCH less than any other dealer. I shopped every Big Country dealer up and down the east coast as well as the wholesale dealer out by the factory. Not only did they BEAT every other dealers price they took our motorhome on trade without ever looking at it except a few photo's. They are not a huge dealer so I can understand them not being able to work trades but they sure took care of us. We were very happy with them and they saved us $$$$$ which allowed us to order every option including washer/dryer and generator. Several other dealers were higher than what we paid not including the w/d and generator. Super Super nice and honest people.
    Lee and Kathy
    Owners Club #1487
    2011 Big Country 3500RL
    2008 Dodge Big Horn 3500 DW 4x4 Diesel LB
    Travel mates our girls
    Tweeter 11 yr old Maltese
    Miss Minnie 1 yr old Malshi
    (1/2 Maltese 1/2 Shih Tzu)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast