Bedroom Shelf Storage Help / Ideas Needed

floridarandy

Our 2900MK has a bedroom slide but no headboard and no shelf below the windows. DW and I both wear glasses and routinely like to read in bed before retiring. DW often has a glass of water on the bedside table at home as well.

I've learned in my brief time here that you'all have already thought of any idea I have...and probably have a better solution(s) already worked out so I'm listening! Anything attached to the sidewall of the slide (window side or headboard side) would involve some type of fastener to the wall. I have no idea of what if any "nailer" might exist that could be screwed into. I don't anticipate a lot of weight (glass of water might be heaviest) but I definately don't want something falling or pulling out.

Our best idea so far is to use the 3M Command Adhesive (removable) hooks and some type of mesh bag to hang from either the side of back board. This works for glasses and books. Other idea was to run a piece of string horizontally between the fasteners that the vertical shade cords are attached to. This horizontal string could be used to drape a book or glasses over. But once I noted these shade fasteners screwed into the sidewall I thought there must surely be some type of nailer there for them to fasten to...along with the swag drapery hardware above the window.

Thanks in advance.

Randy in Florida

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I wouldn't bet the farm on there being anything besides the thin wall board holding the fasteners for the drapery. We've already had proof that the awning fasteners are being held by the thin fiberglass outside panel and wishful thinking.

You might consider something like this (there are several variations).

http://www.target.com/Bedside-Caddy-Black/dp/B0019S3MCU

Although it relies on the weight of the matress to hold it between the mattress and box spring, a bit of velcro on it and the plywood base would hold it securely. Your glasses and books could go there. As for the glass of water, possibly use a sports bottle with its own sipping straw, also held in the caddy.

floridarandy

I wouldn't bet the farm on there being anything besides the thin wall board holding the fasteners for the drapery. We've already had proof that the awning fasteners are being held by the thin fiberglass outside panel and wishful thinking.

You might consider something like this (there are several variations).

http://www.target.com/Bedside-Caddy-Black/dp/B0019S3MCU

Although it relies on the weight of the matress to hold it between the mattress and box spring, a bit of velcro on it and the plywood base would hold it securely. Your glasses and books could go there. As for the glass of water, possibly use a sports bottle with its own sipping straw, also held in the caddy.

John - you and the others here truly have thought of everything :). great suggestion for a solution that saves me from having to hit my thumb or draw blood cutting something!

Randy

Duramax1

A good suggestion that I plan to follow up.

Bed, Bath and Beyond also sells that item as well as a number of other variations some of which are designed to hold containers of water as well as other items