Condensation

MLJ

When the windows on my Big Horn show condensation, the walls of the bedroom slide also
have condensation on them and get the mattress and bed coverings wet because they touch the walls. Has anyone else experienced this? If yes, do you have a remedy?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
All of the above and I am still an advocate of keeping a roof vent slightly open to allow moist air an escape.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
For me, the hotter the shower, the better. Yes, I get condensation on the mirrors but generally I open the exhaust fan and it goes away in a few minutes.

About the condensation in the bedroom slide area. I think it's our body heat excaping out the covers into that area that causes it and then it's on only very cold nights. Dual Pane windows help but the corner trim pieces still get damp. Again, this is only on very cold nights.

Back to the shower. Use the fantastic fan or the exhaust fan if you didn't get the fantastic fan option.

caissiel

We have dual pane windows on our unit and since we arrived in Florida we have had the bedroom vent insulated and the toilet room fan also insulated to save on heat. I would suggest to replace the 2 windows in the slide, they might not be that expensive because of the size. It would also keep the head area warm.
All winter the trailer has been to dry instead of being damp. Maybe its because we do use the W/D often but I am very surprised at the driness of the air here in western Florida. Lo humidity in our trailer has been a problem while heating with the furnace here since 1st of December.

lwmcguir

Watch your humidity using a good quality gauge. Try to keep it in the 50% range by either venting or using a de-humidifier. High humidity in a coach long term will create wallboard issues.

Northern Virginia
You didn't say where you are camping or what the outside temperature is. If it is cold enough outside, your even going to get condensation on double pane windows.

Venting the super moist air to the outside is the fastest way to get rid of it. It also adds a lot of cold (make-up) air to the rig. A dehumidifier would be best. And it would also add some heat to the camper at the same time.

John