Solution to keeping couch in rear of Coach

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After years of not being able to keep the couch in the rear of our '08 3600RL, so the recliners can stay across from the TV...I finally found a solution. I found a leather couch from CSN Sofas that is just about 31" from the front to the very back of the couch...since the maximum depth we could have is 32", for the slides to close , this is perfect....at least for us!!:)

This may not work for others, as we loose the airbed and the underneath storage, but since we very rarely have overnight quests (maybe 4 times in 4 years), we can definitely do without those features. The seating area width of the couch is only 3" less than the original couch and the seat depth is the same...what's different is the back is NOT overstuffed, allowing the shorter depth...AND it looks pretty nice too!:cool:

It's actually very comfortable...as you can see Tiffy really likes it...and so do we, especially the price...less than $500 with free shipping (and all 3 pillows came with it). No more moving furniture...I'm in heaven!

100_0021.jpg

jbeletti

Very nice Kathy and thank you for sharing. Tiffy - love that dog! Look forward to seeing her again. Hershey I guess is the next time.

Jim

boatdoc

After years of not being able to keep the couch in the rear of our '08 3600RL, so the recliners can stay across from the TV...I finally found a solution. I found a leather couch from CSN Sofas that is just about 31" from the front to the very back of the couch...since the maximum depth we could have is 32", for the slides to close , this is perfect....at least for us!!:)

This may not work for others, as we loose the airbed and the underneath storage, but since we very rarely have overnight quests (maybe 4 times in 4 years), we can definitely do without those features. The seating area width of the couch is only 3" less than the original couch and the seat depth is the same...what's different is the back is NOT overstuffed, allowing the shorter depth...AND it looks pretty nice too!:cool:

It's actually very comfortable...as you can see Tiffy really likes it...and so do we, especially the price...less than $500 with free shipping (and all 3 pillows came with it). No more moving furniture...I'm in heaven!

View attachment 12460

This has been one of our gripes also in the 3670. I had thought I came up with a good solution but it involved a Landmark San Antonio but I figured if I bought one of those Heartland would change the rear cap depth on the BH3585 and put the sofa back there where it should be. Also, Diana reminded me that the San Antonio comes with something else our 3670 doesn't have, a payment.
Dang them women and their rational thinking!!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Oh! Some other good things about this couch...it only weighs 106 pounds, which is much less than the original, but is extremely sturdy and well built! AND, the back pulls straight up and off the couch...you can move the couch in and out of the RV with no problem. Trust me, getting the old one out was a challenge! When you put the two pieces together, you simply place the back in the "slot" and push down, it locks right into place...even I can handle it! LOL

davebennington

We had the same desire. So Julie searched the internet until she found a place called IKEA, there she found a sofa that would fit it the area and we can now close the slides with it in place. Once again happy campers.

Dave & Julie

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
I tried Ikea...couldn't find one short enough...that was the first place I looked.
Yes, we do not have room for a side table (unless it was VERY skinny). The sofa only leaves about 6" on either side. I have a foot stool I put a tray on for a "coffee table" when needed. The style is contemporary too, which is not for everyone.

I DO like yours tho'. Congratulations on finding something. I looked for what seemed like months before I found IKEA. Is CSN Sofas a store or on the internet? (The next coach we get will have no furniture, so I am taking notes NOW.)

ParkIt

Pretty sure its just us DW that want the couch in the back, not the recliners. We know our husbands are going to do it anyway when they are watching TV, its better to beat them to it I suppose :angel:

I've got sliders under our couch for now, for a test I moved the couch sideways, put the foot rest/table/extra seating flipped over on top and locked in the recliners where they were next to the dining table chairs. Worked in minutes and fit with no banging around when we do haul.

may 18 midday sun (24).jpg
may 18 midday sun (20).jpg
may 18 midday sun (3).jpg

There is room on the side of the couch for a table, I opted for a magazine/book holder between the recliners for now. That rug isn't working out but I remembered I've got one that matches the couch in storage - from Ikea. Also check World Market as they also have furniture that is light weight and will fit if you are looking for different ideas.

Hogladyrider

We want to remove the sofa/airbed from our 2009 BigHorn 3600RL so we can move our recliners to the current location of the sofa.

Does anyone have any instructions on how this sofa disassembles, I have searched the internet and the literature that came with our Heartland Big Horn with no luck. All I know is the sofa is by Flair Interiors.

We too look forward to no more moving furniture before the slides come in.......too bad the sofa won't fit in the rear section :-(

Susan