Slide Lube

bighorn3370

I use Slide-Out Dry Lube, which is made by Protect All. I use this on metal support arms and gears. Do not apply it on hydraulic cylinders. I reapply if the slides start to make squealing noises. I also use Slide-Out Rubber Seal Treatment. I apply it every other month, and this has worked for me. -Ernie

Bernie55

At the Goshen rally a rep. from the slide manufactures, said the seals are made so they never have to be lubricated. They have to be a bit tacky so they flip back and forth...

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
At the Goshen rally a rep. from the slide manufactures, said the seals are made so they never have to be lubricated. They have to be a bit tacky so they flip back and forth...

I have read similar comments. As far as I can tell the consensus amongst manufactureres is to not apply treatment products to the rubber seals.

wingfoot

Don't laugh here...I talked to a fellow camper that used a candle to lube the slide gear teeth. He would just rub the, in this case a candle, across the slotted gear face. He also said it did not have an affinity to collect dust. He said he had been using it for years. Have I tried it, no? But I have often wondered...Hmmmmm

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Don't laugh here...I talked to a fellow camper that used a candle to lube the slide gear teeth. He would just rub the, in this case a candle, across the slotted gear face. He also said it did not have an affinity to collect dust. He said he had been using it for years. Have I tried it, no? But I have often wondered...Hmmmmm

I know there is wax zipper lube in tent repair kits. Used on those big metal zippers that you find on military tents. I think it was Bee's Wax.

Urban350

Yes candle wax will work. I have used it on stuff that I did not want to collect dust before (works great on zippers in muddy situations), But for an easier way of doing it Fluid Film works great and also does not collect dust.

bighorn3370

Urban350, What else do you use Fluid Film for? How offten do you apply it? I have seen Fluid film and thought about using it. Thanks Ernie

Urban350

I use it anywhere a spray lube would work. Door hinges, door lock, zippers on my atv luggage, and jack screws just to name a few.

aatauses

ON the slide I use CRC silicone spray. If we are stationary for a month or so, I spray it on prior to moving. If we are travel;ing a lot, then I put it on every couple of months. On the rubber seals I use 303 every about once a quarter or every 6 months.
al