Sewer hose storage

danemayer

I went the 4 inch vinyl fence post route with 4" square u-bolts for mounting and hinged end caps I found at camping world.

Could you post a link to the hinged end caps at Camping World, or if you found them in a store location, give the exact name as they're labeled, and the manufacturer's name so I can find them online.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I ordered them today my self - I just mounted the PVC pipe yesterday - but I can use that for the same as Duane - for my flag pole and flags ... I like the fence post for the hose! Nice look.

Kevin

ncc1701e

While not on a Cyclone, if you shop around a little and find PVC fence post for a 5" post you can leave the fittings on the hose and store together in the tube. What I was able to find at Menards was a 5-1/4" post and a piece of cutter without a lip to use as a slide. The pictures are of the setup on our Sundance 5th wheel.

Sewer Pipe 2.jpg Sewer Pipe 4.jpg

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
While not on a Cyclone, if you shop around a little and find PVC fence post for a 5" post you can leave the fittings on the hose and store together in the tube. What I was able to find at Menards was a 5-1/4" post and a piece of cutter without a lip to use as a slide. The pictures are of the setup on our Sundance 5th wheel.

View attachment 17911 View attachment 17912

What do you use for an end cap on the larger post?

Kevin

ncc1701e

What do you use for an end cap on the larger post?

Kevin

There is actually a regular cap that fits this post. Now I've since modified the end cap since this picture with a small eyebold in the center vent hole shown and a bungie cord through the eye. In this picture is a 1/4" piece of all thread with wing nuts. Used this setup on both ends.

Sewer Pipe 5.jpg

PUG

Pug
whereever you store them, try putting both ends of a hose together. this keeps everything inside the hose, liquid, odor, etc.

oscar

whereever you store them, try putting both ends of a hose together. this keeps everything inside the hose, liquid, odor, etc.

The better quality hoses now come with caps, male and female.

frumbawa

frumbawa, Where did you get the U-bolts? I have the 5 inch square tube. Thanks
Hi Art/Kelly,

I bought the u-bolts on-line unfortunately I don't remember where. Do a search on square bend u-bolts and you should come up with a few sources. Sorry I can't be more help.

Frank

rick_debbie_gallant

rick_debbie_gallant

One other thought, You may be able to make your own using all thread rods. Those come in various lengths and diameters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SilverRhino

Was reading through this post to see what new ideas people had come up with.........Grandson and I went to Lowe's to pick something up. We wandered into the garden section and found they had a close out on 5" X 8' plastic fence posts. They only had about a dozen and did not have any of the fittings or caps, but for $5, I figured why not. I will either look for some caps on line or fabricate my own.

I like the idea of the larger size so I will not have to remove the ends on my hose.

wiredawgchief

I used 6" hose clamps. I clamped 4" dia PVC pipes with screw-on endcaps, one behind the rear stabilizer legs and one in front. I spray painted PVC black and carry 2 ea 25' sewer hoses. I carry a 10' and a 15' in the tank drain access panels. Had the same setup on my former travel supreme. Over ten years and no problems. Ron