Adding a 100Lb Propane tank.

Mavlar

Hi There, We just picked up our new 3585RL Last wed and I was wondering what is the easy way to add a 100Lb tank?

Thanks
Tom

branson4020

Icantre Member
Are you asking aboout carrying a 100 lb tank on board your rig (don't think you can), or having one installed at your site?

beardedone

Beardedone
I do this and still have my tank. With the Landmark I find that I really don't need it with 2 40 lb tanks on the trailer. However, if you want to use one I would suggest you go to a local propane dealer and look for a hose. I took my OEM hose off the regulator with me to match up the male ends and then bought a 20 ft. hose (why 20' I don't know). Check your 100 lb valve to confirm what kind of fitting it has. Mine had internal threads so you want to make sure both ends of your hose match up and away you go. By the way taking the OEM hose off requires a little patience as in my case there was little room to work and the hose is stiff.

noobee

I rent my 'pig' from a local propane company which also supplies the fuel. They supplied all hoses, shut-offs & connectors. I disconnect one of the connectors to the 5er's tank & connect the pig's connector to this. Works for me.