Buy from factory or dealership?

EUREKA12

We are getting ready to buy a Bighorn 3585 and would like to hear from Bighorn owners who bought new. Did you buy from a dealership or from the factory? Is there anything you wish you would have done differently? Would you advise buying from a dealer or from the factory?

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately you cannot buy directly from the factory. You can however order what you want through a dealership.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I don't think you can buy a Big Horn from the factory. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. We love ours and the only advise I would offer is who ever you buy it from make sure to do a thorough PDI. Check everything. top to bottom, side to side and inside to outside. Make sure everything works and you understand how it works. then join the Heartland owners club and start attending rallies, making memories and enjoying your new home on wheels.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We bought new from dealer stock being shown at a local RV show. It was the same dealer we had purchased a TT from, so we were familiar with them. It had everything we thought we might want and had the dealer add a few other things (slide toppers, central vac, washer/dryer). Since getting it, I've added the Ground Control jack system, Ultra-Fab stabilizers, a surge suppressor, MaxxAir vent covers, and a 5th Airborne pinbox.

If you buy direct from the factory, you may run into hassles getting warranty work done locally unless you check out available dealers. Some have a royal bug up their tailpipes about not doing warranty work if you didn't grease their palms with the purchase. Others are more customer and business oriented.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Mark is correct in that you cannot buy direct from the factory. Order exactly what you want from your dealer.
We have a 3585 and love it. We ordered it from a dealer with the options that we wanted. This was our second special order rig.
It usually takes around 6 weeks to get it. Maybe a little longer for delivery to OR.

Peace
Dave