Bent Spring

bowser66

While I was underneath my Landmark Oakmont, I noticed the the rear curbside spring was badly bent. As a result the rear axle is cockeyed and I noticed the curbside rear tire was badly worn on the inside tread. I guess my question is two-fold. Do I simply need to have the spring repaired or replaced? And or, will I need an axle alignment or will fixing the spirng take care of the problem. Any assistance in this matter will be appreciated. I have a 2009 Landmark Oakmont and only have about 4500 miles on it.

Rickhansen

I'd sure want the axle alignment laser checked after the spring is replaced if it was my rig. Shouldn't cost much to check both axles.

lwmcguir

I would replace all the springs. Also I would increase the weight rating by at least 500 pounds per spring. Then have the alignment checked just to make sure it will track straight.

Gary521

Just remember that all springs are not created equal. You probably have the Lippert suspension and Lippert Chinese made springs. If you can, try like **** to get US made springs. In addition, if it has not already been done, replace the spring and shakle bolts with wet bolts. If you replace all the springs, the alignment should be good, assuming it was good from the factory but it will not hurt to check. Yes, I would upgrade the spring ratio. When you do this you may not find a spring with the same number of leaves that you have originally, this will not hurt anything. This may raise or lower the tralier just slightly. What ever you do, replace the spring in pairs not just one spring or you could have alignment issues.

lwmcguir

Just remember that all springs are not created equal. You probably have the Lippert suspension and Lippert Chinese made springs. If you can, try like **** to get US made springs. In addition, if it has not already been done, replace the spring and shakle bolts with wet bolts. If you replace all the springs, the alignment should be good, assuming it was good from the factory but it will not hurt to check. Yes, I would upgrade the spring ratio. When you do this you may not find a spring with the same number of leaves that you have originally, this will not hurt anything. This may raise or lower the tralier just slightly. What ever you do, replace the spring in pairs not just one spring or you could have alignment issues.

Well Stated. If you are going to load and use the coach heavily, this is a must not just a good thing.