Squeaky Hot Water Tap

Duramax1

The hot water tap in our bathroom sink emits a loud squeaky noise when it is turned either on or off, No noise from any other taps in he RV.

I cannot figure out how to diassemble it? Any suggestions?

I have tried putting vaseline and lithium lubricant spray at the bottom of the tap but neither idea worked.

Bobby A

The hot water tap in our bathroom sink emits a loud squeaky noise when it is turned either on or off, No noise from any other taps in he RV.

I cannot figure out how to diassemble it? Any suggestions?

I have tried putting vaseline and lithium lubricant spray at the bottom of the tap but neither idea worked.

I've had 2 of them do the same thing, hot water side only, it use to drive me crazy !! I went to Home Depot and bought a good one and haven't had any issues since. Its been well over a year now.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I've had 2 of them do the same thing, hot water side only, it use to drive me crazy !! I went to Home Depot and bought a good one and haven't had any issues since. Its been well over a year now.

I agree. I had one in my last SOB. Same problem. I took it completely apart and tried every lubricant I could find.
I never could get it to stop.

Throw it away and get a decent single lever faucet. IMHO Trace

Last edited:

Boca_Shuffles

You can disassemble the faucet by unscrewing the handle. Rotate the horizontal part of the handle. You can then take the rest of the unit apart. There is probably a calcium build up in the plastic components.

I was annoyed enough by the squeaking that I replaced the original with a residential model. Once I had the unit out, I found out how to disassemble the original unit. I probably could have saved some money.

slloyd

well, i had the exact problem.. hot water side only in kitchen faucet handle. my trail runner 27FQBS trailer is brand new, so not a problem of calcium build up. i thought something was over tightened just a bit. so i disassembled handle... forgot to turn water OFF first so i had a big spray incident. oops! not sure where squeak coming from, so figured i'd just put it back together but not torque it down too much. well, squeak is gone so that is good but now the water will NOT TURN OFF !! what? i checked on heartland website for an exploded view of the faucet to see if i somehow lost a part or how it goes back together. no luck. any help out there??

jimtoo

Hi slloyd,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't help you with the problem,., but you got something wrong :) no doubt. Hopefully someone that has had the problem or been into the faucet will jump in and help out soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M