Slide issue

We have a Prowler 2006 Regal. The bedroom slideout is jammed. We press the slide out switch, there is no noise or movement. would this be the power gear controller?

Manual Slide Operation?

On the 2006 Prowler Regal, can the bedroom slideout be cranked oout manually? We have looked and cannot see anyplace to do the bedroom portion., yet there is a spot for the lower living room one.

Sharon

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You might try calling Heartland with the VIN off your trailer. They should be able to tell you where it is, if there is one.

JohnDar

We have a Prowler 2006 Regal. The bedroom slideout is jammed. We press the slide out switch, there is no noise or movement. would this be the power gear controller?

Could be a fuse or breaker that's blown or tripped, too. I don't know what your electrical system looks like, but on rigs like mine there are mini-breakers near the battery that can trip if overloaded. They have red rubber covers on them and may have a tiny reset button on the side, after you lift the cover. Overloading can occur quickly if you're holding the extend/retract switch in too long and stall the motor. The mini-breaker will trip and either auto-reset after a few seconds, or you'll have to do it manually, depending on the breaker type.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Manual Slide Operation?

On the 2006 Prowler Regal, can the bedroom slideout be cranked oout manually? We have looked and cannot see anyplace to do the bedroom portion., yet there is a spot for the lower living room one.

Sharon
Heartland didn't make the Prowler back in 2006.
You should find it under the trailer though. Look on both sides under the slide. Some manual crank macanisms have the shaft on the opposing side of the slide out.

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

As I remember from a 1998 Fleetwood trailer I owned. There was 3/8" or 1/2" square recess on the end of the slide motor under the slide that you could put a ratchet in and operate the slide. There might be a lever on the slide motor to move to put the slide in manual operating mode.

JohnDar

On our old TT with an electric dinette slide, the manual crank fitting was on the opposite side of the trailer, inside the step well. You may have to do some hunting for it. No luck with breakers or fuses, though, huh?