2012 San Antonio w/outside toshiba

blkdodge

I was watching the outside tv this past Saturday night, turned it off and went to bed. Got up Sunday and tried to turn it on and the green power light would light up for 2 seconds then shut off. I unplugged the set and let sit for a couple of hours, plugged it back in and the power light wont light up at all now. I used different remotes and the manuel button on the side. My thoughts are that the tv STB. Your thoughts?

azdryheat

I had the same problem with a Toshiba flat screen that was only 2 years old. An internet check said there are quality issues with the Toshiba power supply and are expensive to fix. I trashed the Toshiba and bought a Sony.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
blkdodge, Is your rig still under warranty? If a trip to your dealer isn't feasible, there should be a sheet with supplier numbers for you to call. The TV should have a 1yr parts & labor coverage. Or call Heartland for assistance.

danemayer

Our 42" Sharp died suddenly last July. Needed a new high voltage card - $200 installed by a local TV repairman in Colorado.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

skyguy

After our Samsung was out of warranty in our 3670, it started exhibiting similar power issues. I removed the TV, and took the back off. I reseated all the wire connections that were socketed.Replaced the cover, tested, and power was restored!

TV has worked fine since then! I figured the bouncing around during travel may have loosened something.

Al

blkdodge

So yesterday I check tv and no power. I unplugged everything like the dealer said to do, then check for power NOTHING. I checked the outlet all power was good. I then plugged the tv into another outlet on the same circuit with and extension cord, and POOF I have tv now. Then I waited until Nascar was over and unplgged it from extension cord and plugged it back into original outlet and it works :confused: Now I have been messing around with this for a week now and was going to take the one out of the bedroom and put it outside and send the other to get fixed. My thought is now it will work until warranty expires.:rolleyes: