Heat Tape and your supply water hose.

PeternLiane

I can't find the answer out there. I need to add Heat Tape to my water supply hose. I have been to Ace, Lowes and Home Depot. I have read on the packages NOT FOR HOSES. What heat tape do I use so my supply line doesn't freeze? I know that I have read about people adding Heat Tape to their hoses.

Noobie

I wrapped pipe insulation around my hose works good but it barely gets to freezing where I am

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We decided to go another route...a bit more expensive, but easier. Bought a 25 foot heated Pirit hose from Tweety's...little over $100, with shipping, but well worth it...IMHO.

danemayer

After my expensive Pirit hose failed (twice), I used the commonly available (Home Depot) heat tape on the hose without problems.

noobee

From the Great White North!
Here's what I did:
heat tape next to the hose near the water source
wrapped the hose with the sponge-y pipe insallation
wrapped all with Reflectix (sic)
taped the whole thing with Gorilla Tape.

GOTTOYS

I stayed at one campground that furnished heated hoses. They used Pex tubing for them wrapped in heat tape then covered with pipe insulation and duct tape. Worked very well...Don

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
I stayed at one campground that furnished heated hoses. They used Pex tubing for them wrapped in heat tape then covered with pipe insulation and duct tape. Worked very well...Don

That makes sence ^

I have a heated K&H hose that leaks where crimped at pressures over 50 psi.

PeternLiane

After my expensive Pirit hose failed (twice), I used the commonly available (Home Depot) heat tape on the hose without problems.

I bought the Pirit hose too. But I want to be prepared just in-case it fails.

With the heat tape and hose. This is what Home Depot has. It does say do not use on hoses. Is this something like you used.
TPC_HC30.jpg

If I understand correctly. How you would install this on a hose, is to make one straight run of heat tape down the length of the hose. Tape the tape to the hose, then wrap the hose in insulation and duct tape that closed.

danemayer

I think it was probably the tape from Home Depot, but I also had a different type from Amazon. Tapes it to the hose, covered with pipe insulation and then duct tape to seal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

guyc66

I bought the Pirit hose too. But I want to be prepared just in-case it fails.

With the heat tape and hose. This is what Home Depot has. It does say do not use on hoses. Is this something like you used.
TPC_HC30.jpg

If I understand correctly. How you would install this on a hose, is to make one straight run of heat tape down the length of the hose. Tape the tape to the hose, then wrap the hose in insulation and duct tape that closed.

That's how I did it.......taped lengthwise to hose with electical tape, covered with foam-type pipe insulation, and covered with black duct tape.
photo.jpg

GOTTOYS

For those of you that are making up heated hoses. Be sure to leave a tail on the end you connect to the park hookup so you can wrap their standpipe if necessary to keep it from freezing as well. It won't help you much if your hose is good to go but the standpipe is frozen...Don

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I wrap a water hose with the heat tape like the one shown above. I got mine from Wal-Mart. It has a thermostat in it that will turn the heater on when the temp gets below 38*. So far I have not had any problem with the heat tape and a fresh water hose.

BC