Water in cargo area... any advice?

Kristin44

I keep getting a small amount of water in the cargo area (not sure if that is what it's called, I call it the basement 😀).
I keep feeling up all of the pipes and hoses and not one bit of moisture. There is a grey hose that is just hanging there, not attached to anything. Is that the condensation hose from the fridge or something else?
I have read so many posts and it kinda sounds like it but not sure. Google was no help as well as the stack of manuals that came with it!
I am attaching a picture of the hose and water below it and off to the side. Also attaching one of what it looks like behind the panel for the fridge.

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience! 💛

Attachments

• 20230628_205133.jpg
    20230628_205133.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 20230628_205327.jpg
    20230628_205327.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20230628_205351.jpg
    20230628_205351.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33

david-steph2018

The grey hose in the first picture looks like a heater hose from the furnace to keep the underbelly area heated. The hose in the 3rd picture, not sure what it is, trace it out and see where it comes from/goes. If it is the drain hose, it needs to run outside the vent to let the water the side.

A good method to find water leaks is to use toilet paper and wrap the lines or feel the water lines/connections with the toilet paper.

sengli

I found one time on my big horn the winterize valve block had a small spiral crack in it. I would just get a small dribble too, and took me sometime to find the source.

rhodies1

A place to look is at all of the screw on connections in the Bay Area. Such as back of outdoor shower , Anderson valve, water heater inlet and outlet connections, water pump. All of these connections have a Cone washer in the connection and after time the washer begins to designate. Especially on hot water connections. I had a small leak for months and finally seen a drip in the hot water connection on the outdoor shower. Replaced cone washer and all is good.

Gary521

If you are using your water pump, there could be some leaks there too as that does not run all the time. Station yourself in the area where you find water while other are using sinks, shower or whatever. By the way, most people call it the "basement".

Kristin44

A place to look is at all of the screw on connections in the Bay Area. Such as back of outdoor shower , Anderson valve, water heater inlet and outlet connections, water pump. All of these connections have a Cone washer in the connection and after time the washer begins to designate. Especially on hot water connections. I had a small leak for months and finally seen a drip in the hot water connection on the outdoor shower. Replaced cone washer and all is good.
Ok I will check those!

Kristin44

If you are using your water pump, there could be some leaks there too as that does not run all the time. Station yourself in the area where you find water while other are using sinks, shower or whatever. By the way, most people call it the "basement".
Glad "the basement" isn't just me being a dork! 😁

I am not using the pump, haven't even turned that on yet, hooked up to city water. I have came inside, ran all of the faucets, flushed and made sure every drain had water go thru, then run back to the basement and no water on any pipes.

Kristin44

The grey hose in the first picture looks like a heater hose from the furnace to keep the underbelly area heated. The hose in the 3rd picture, not sure what it is, trace it out and see where it comes from/goes. If it is the drain hose, it needs to run outside the vent to let the water the side.

A good method to find water leaks is to use toilet paper and wrap the lines or feel the water lines/connections with the toilet paper.
I will try the TP trick because it never seems to drip while I am down there 🙂
Thank you!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That hose looked like it had some kinds plug on the end and looked drier than the Sahara. Is that normal?
If that plug has a bunch of little holes in it then that would be the condensate drain from the refrigerator. It should be routed out the sidewall vent.

Peace
Dave