How Our USPS handles packages.

jimtoo

Just thought I would post a few pictures of a package I received today shipped VIA the USPS. Lucky there was nothing in it that could be damaged buy this type of handling. About the only thing it was not subjected to was water,, but we are in a drought here... so no extra water to waste. :)

And the people at the Post Office were laughing about how damaged it was. :)

P1020385.jpgP1020383.jpgP1020384.jpgP1020388.jpg

Jim M

hoefler

And the irony of it all, it is obvious it was damaged in there possession, and if you don't have insurance, they won't take responsibility or give a rats a** about it.

scottyb

I shipped a dive knife to have a kydex sheath made for it, before Thanksgiving, via USPS Priority. It never arrived. I filed a report and was told I would receive a phone call within 24 hours. It never came. Two weeks later I received a large envelope containing a cutout of the front panel of the shipping box and a form to file a claim. The panel was identifiable because it had my hand writing on it. No insurance since the knife was only worth $100.

The irony is, the knife came new with an unacceptable sheath, and it remained in my dive bag the whole racing season. I decided that if I had a new sheath made for it, i could use it next year without losing it.

sengli

Yikes! Well its yet another thing the goverment does with such success. I have shipped alot of items thru the USPS, and you definetly need to buy insurance.

porthole

Retired
Well Jimtoo - at least Amazon tends to "over package" their shipments!

In the last year it seems as though USPS was trying to be more competitive to gain back some of the shipping business they lost, poor handling doesn't help their mission.

olcoon

Good thing it wasn't marked "FRAGLE", they think that is an Italian word & none of them speak Italian, they assume that means beat me up, crush me, generally mistreat me!!!

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
dbylinski:281628 said:
Glad my packages have been arriving by FedEx and UPS! Speaks volumes of "we don't care"!
UPS is by far the worst for damage here in the West. Trace

Last edited:

kowAlski631

I see all three carriers at the loading dock at my office building in DC delivering packages every day. They all treat packages with the same disregard for contents. I'm convinced that anything marked "fragile" is given special treatment which means throw it from the back of the van door & where it lands, it lands. I asked one of the delivery guys one day )as he delivered a mangled carton to my office) if they had many complaints about the package conditions & he said "not my job". True story - sad story.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The USPS should be disbanded. Put all the lazy bums out of work. We would save BILLIONS of wasted dollars. Everything I send....goes FEDEX and never had an issue. Sorry.....as you can tell I have no use for the USPS.

dfk009

When USPS quit hiring veterans years back, that's when their service went down hill. I can remember an older gentleman, with a stub arm (lost hand in combat) waiting on the postal counter, doing an excellent job! You don't see this anymore out of the USPS. They have to hire anything, and everything off the street, if they want to work or not. Sorry, just had to get this off my chest as a combat vet (and proud to serve my country). Don

FARMER45

I live in west Texas 10 miles from closest post office, if some one sends me something by FedEx, they take it to the local post office and mail it to me. I then drive the 20 mile round trip to get my package that I paid them to deliver to me. They have a contract with the post office that lets them do this. I hate FedEx lazy bums ! I will not order anything if I know they will only ship FedEx

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Anyone ever see the beginning of Ace Ventura Pet Detective, where he is posing as a UPS driver delivering a package to Randall "Tex" Cobb?
He is kicking the package down the hall.

After seeing some of the packages we have received, I don't think that was too far fetched. Trace

Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Guess they all have their issues. Everytime I get my Escapees magazine in the US Mail it is already opened. Obviously someone at the Post Office reads it before I receive it (why don't they join so they can get their own). I have had UPS deliver packages to the wrong address here and was able to retrieve it myself. Fedex has left packages outside my gate by the street and Airborne has rubber banded medicine to the fence instead of opening the gate. Guess they all have their issues. There was a video on the TV News yesterday about a seasonal UPS delivery guy who was caught on home video stealing a FedEx package (an I-Pad) off of a porch. Saw a video awhile back about a FedEx driver who chuncked a package over a fence instead of walking in the gate (it was a laptop computer). Moral is is you don't want to risk delivery damage go to the store and pick it up yourself. Merry Christmas.

sjs731

It seems more and more that UPS and FedEx do a lot of the initial transportation to the local sorting centers around here. I think the USPS should throw in the towel and let the big two take over. Save some of the tax payers money.

Steve and Carrie
HOC #2252
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewwood

We order a lot of our stuff online and receive it from UPS, Fed Ex or USPS. I have noticed this year especially that the packaging has not been great from the shippers, mainly Amazon. They use boxes which are too large with poor packing materials and we end up getting packages looking like the ones Jim got. I am not defending the carriers but having worked in the industry in the past I think a lot of the problems I saw this year were due to poor packaging on the shippers part. Lucky for us we did not have any damage to what was in the packages just banged up boxes.