Portable air

Snow

Anyone ever install a portable air conditioner in there washer & dryer room ??? If so how did it work ??thanks ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

brianharrison

Interesting idea. Would this be a "third AC unit in the trailer? ; ie already have the bedroom AC installed?

The dryer vent hole could be used to vent the hot air from the compressor. The portable air conditioner would have to run on a 15 amp circuit (14/3 gauge wiring and 15 amp breaker is used for the washer and dryer circuits, in my coach).

Brian

Snow

we were at camp hatteras over the weekend and the air went out in the mh next to us so he went to wally world and bought a portable air and stuck the vent out is drivers window he said it did ok i already have a mark in the washer & dryer room for the vent so that wouldnt be a problem ive heard it being done in toy haulers i think i will try one about a 10000 btu that will be cheaper then another roof unit about 450.00$ for a LG no water to dump like the cheaper ones ,

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just be careful with that mark in in the closet. Mine was way off. If I had drilled where it was I would have gone right thru a stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
How much noise does it make compared to the roof tops?

We bought an Idylis unit from Lowes when our house A/C went out back in May. It works really well and kept the house cool. I use it out in my garage now and it will cool the entire 2 car garage fairly quickly even on a really hot day.

I haven't used it in the Cyclone yet but am thinking it would work really well out in the garage to assist cooling.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_416709-3737...entURL=?Ntt=idylis+air+conditioner&facetInfo=

ParkIt

Hadn't thought of venting it out through the w/d closet, it would be the best place for it since it also is a dehumidifier and can run the water out the drain.
This is a 13,000 btu portable unit we've had in the house that I'd rather use instead of the main in the living area roof AC, it spreads out further and functions at a lower temperature. On a test it worked really well just using the house fan option with the portable unit in the living area and used up less juice.

Snow

We bought an Idylis unit from Lowes when our house A/C went out back in May. It works really well and kept the house cool. I use it out in my garage now and it will cool the entire 2 car garage fairly quickly even on a really hot day.

I haven't used it in the Cyclone yet but am thinking it would work really well out in the garage to assist cooling.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_416709-3737...entURL=?Ntt=idylis+air+conditioner&facetInfo=
thats the one i was going to check out this evening , the only think that worries me is how much noise and or hot air will be comeing out of the vent outside its going to be close where we sit under the awning ????

mobilcastle

Hot air rises-our dryer vent is away from and higher than the where you sit. Should not be a problem depending on where your vent is.

Snow

Hot air rises-our dryer vent is away from and higher than the where you sit. Should not be a problem depending on where your vent is.
just looking at the outside its going to be pretty high i guess i just use a regular dryer vent cover, although a stanless cover would be great or do make a stanless one ????? we are getting ready to go to bethpage next weekend looks like the temps are going to be in the 90s so i get to try it out, hope it works. hope the tropical storm breaks up before then .

FiremanBill

thats the one i was going to check out this evening , the only think that worries me is how much noise and or hot air will be comeing out of the vent outside its going to be close where we sit under the awning ????

Yeah noise is not a problem, for me anyway... Then again I am pretty hard of hearing, at least according to the DW anyway.

It is super effiecient which does mean that the air coming out the exhaust is pretty hot. Feels like a blow dryer when you first kick it on! Once it gets the temps down inside then the exhaust temp isn't quite as bad. As long as you are not sitting directly in front of it you should not be bothered by it.

Snow

Boatto5er how did you find where to drill ?? I'm getting ready to drill a 41/8 " hole in my 50000$ rv and hate to mess it up my or the x that heartland put on the closet wall is about 4" off the chase where the drain and water hook up is is that ok you think ⛄⛄⛄⛄

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Boatto5er how did you find where to drill ?? I'm getting ready to drill a 41/8 " hole in my 50000$ rv and hate to mess it up my or the x that heartland put on the closet wall is about 4" off the chase where the drain and water hook up is is that ok you think ⛄⛄⛄⛄

There is a detailed description on the forum with picture of my experience, but unfortunately I'm on my phone right now and can't find it. Short story is I drilled a series of small pilot holes out from the target til I found a spot where there was 2" of clearance on each side. When you find the center you also want to drill a pilot hole from the inside out first. Also, measure three or four times inside and out to ensure your 4" hole won't hit a seam outside. Last, start your outside 4" hole with the drill in reverse until you have a hole started about 1/8" deep.
This will keep the hole saw from ripping the fiberglass. Try and find the forum thread with more details. It's probably under washer dryer install.

Snow

Thanks boatto5er found it you posted it 12-31-11 thanks again I will drill tomorrow ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

Snow

Just be careful with that mark in in the closet. Mine was way off. If I had drilled where it was I would have gone right thru a stud.

Thanks boatto5er mine was off 1 1/2 " that's crazy heartland should not put anything on the wall if its off that much off, I love my big country but I must say I have fixed a few things that was overlooked by the QC department yes I know things work loose but all the things that I fixed didn't have a thing to do with comeing loose while traveling for example , silverware drawer bottom not nailed anywhere close all but two nails missed the first trip I had spoons ,forks , everything the next drawer down ,the hot water heater not wired up for 110 v , outside sprayer not hooked up, can lite covers not pushed all the way in ,come on heartland you have a great product but maybe somebody is not doing their job in the QC dept and yes I will buy another heartland product in a heart beat keep up the good work but take a real good look at your QC dept thanks for listening ⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

jbeletti

Thanks boatto5er mine was off 1 1/2 " that's crazy heartland should not put anything on the wall if its off that much off...

I brought this up to Heartland today. The feedback was that we are required to put the decal on and that great care will be taken to place it in the correct location. Thank you for the reminder on this.