slide out seal or rubber flap

OK I have got a question, I am new to the rv world, bought a 2014 34TSRE, now when the slides go out there is a rubber flap that i would say sweeps the top of the slide. My question is which way should this rubber flap be on the inside of the camper or out either way. On the outside it is usually half inside the camper and half out. I try to work it so that it lays flat facing out, and am assuming the inside should lay the same way facing in. Or maybe I am just to fussy and should forget it altogether.

Garypowell

I just noticed the other day that one of my main slides was half in and half out. I wondered why and then figured as long as it seals is the important part.

My my guess is that with a lot of moving parts rubber gets a "memory" and simply develops a pattern.

Now that I have said that when I condition them (from the outside) I move them back out.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I believe you are referring to the "Squeege Seal." This seal should be facing out and lying flat against the slide side when out. Most of the time you will have to go around and flip them out at some point or another on any given slide. They should also be maintained with a spray foam that treats and keeps them healthy. Spray can be found at Camping World you local dealers.

Thanks for the help on the squeege seal, I figured it should lay flat when out and assume it should stay that way when slide is retracted, the same with the one on the inside, I am always checking when retracting to make sure it doesn't curl up. just becomes a pain in the butt because I have to put ladder up to check it.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Yeah things we do for the love of our units. Sometimes they all come out correctly and others they don't no rhyme or reason. Most important is when slides are out that they lie flat.