Newbie help

Dober2004

My husband and I just purchased a 2014 Cyclone 3100 (1st timers). We have a lot of questions...lol. Does anyone know the weight limit on the party deck? With the 2 LP tanks, how do you know when and which tank is empty? Does it automatically switch over to the full tank? Is the "Normal" setting on the water for when dry camping after your tank is full?

Sorry I have so may questions but I really appreciate the help!

danemayer

Hi Dober2004,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone.

The 4-way water valve: Normal is the valve setting that allows the pump to pull water out of the fresh tank when the pump is turned on. For more info about the valve and other parts of your water system, you may want to take a look at our owner-written Water Systems Guide.

Propane tanks: The dual regulator has an auto-changeover. It also has a control knob/dial with an arrow indicating which hose/tank it's getting propane from (assuming that tank is open and has propane). If both tanks are open, when the tank pointed to runs out, it should continue running with propane from the remaining tank.

Some people leave both tanks open. Others keep one tank closed. It's inconvenient to run out of propane in the middle of a cold night and have to go outside to open the 2nd tank. But it's really inconvenient to run out on a cold night and discover that both tanks are empty. In the winter, I run with one tank open and periodically move the tank to get a feel for its weight. If it feels low, I'll open the other tank, switch the regulator over, and get the first tank refilled.

By the way, when it's time to disconnect a tank to refill it, you point the regulator dial so it's drawing propane from the other tank. Then disconnect.

jeffdee

Weight limit on the patio:

The garage has a 2500 lbs limit so the ramp in the inclined position will handle 2500 lbs moving in or out of the garage. The two steel cables will probably hold more than the ramp itself could ever hold in a horizontal position. I have had 4 adults sitting on my patio with table and chairs. I believe you are more limited by space rather than weight capacity. I would suggest that it is capable of handling 4 adults comfortably. However, I would recommend against dancing or jumping up and own on the patio. I would imagine that it was designed for static loading, not dynamic loading. My guess would be between 900 and 1200 lbs of weight capacity.

Propane:

There is a black lever handle on a white valve in the front right propane bottle compartment. If you turn the lever toward the bottle it will direct the contents of the bottle into the system. If you turn the lever away from the bottle, it will direct propane from the bottle in the front left compartment. If you turn the lever vertical, propane from both bottles will enter the system at the same time. I use just one bottle at a time. When there is no more propane in the selected bottle, just flip the lever to the other bottle and refill the empty bottle. There are no gauges in the system. There is a gauge you can purchase and put between each bottle and its connecting hose. I never felt the need for a gauge. Always remember to close each bottle between camping trips to prevent leak down of the bottle. I keep a full spare propane bottle at home for when I return, so a change out is easer and I can go refill the empty bottle at my convenience.

alex00

I was told by my dealer that the weight limit on the deck was 1500 pounds. That's five people the size of your governor, and no way you're getting that many people on the deck. I can't remember where I saw it, but I think I saw an older add for the 4100 that had a gaggle of people on the deck, like 8 or 9. I would not be concerned with the weight. There was an older thread on here where someone asked AJ Jones about the ramp door, and modifying it to be a patio (theirs didn't come with the patio option). AJ went into the specifics on why they couldn't add the patio after the fact, and it had to do with all the built in strengthening they did to the ramp door for patio kits.

We ran out of propane one winter night because of the auto change feature. Thank goodness our camping buddies had an extra propane cylinder. We were pretty darn cold without any kind of heat. Be very careful using the auto change function. I much prefer to manually change tanks after that little mixup.

AEHamp60

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and was wondering where can I locate the United States image you have in your signature?