Tow Hitch for rear of Big Country

pstacey

Hello all, not sure where to post this so it ended up here.
I want to carry bicycles on a tow hitch mounted bike rack (rather on the ladder mounted ones), but I can not see where a standard tow hitch can be mounted on the Big Country 3250TS. Any ideas please ?
Thanks, Peter

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Peter, I moved your thread to the Frame Forum.
I know of several people, myself included, that have welded a receiver hitch to the rear of the frame.
It's not overly complicated and any competent welder should be able to fix you up.
You might want to check with a local hitch shop or welding shop.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had our rv dealership add a 2" receiver to our 2008 Big Country so we could tow our golf cart behind the BC. We waited til after the frame warranty went out before adding the receiver.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Here is the thread link to what we did to our 2011 3250TS...it worked great and we are going to get another installed on the new 3650:

Bike Rack Link

I did the same thing as nabo and cookie did.
Most RV dealers carry a universal 2" hitch.
Mine was welded to the frame after frame warranty was up.
Much better than the one from Heartland, and looks like it came from the factory.
My local RV dealer (he is not a Heartland dealer) did a beautiful job, looks great.
Wait for your frame warranty to expire before you add a hitch, or you will void your warranty.

Hockster

pstacey

Thanks to all for the good input and advice re warranty. The pics are a big help.
Safe travels to all.
Peter