2015 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

HI Jim,
You know Lisa and I will be there for both, (lord willing) as usual we can work with Mark and his wife in the kitchen, but we will see you in Tampa first.

Thanks Bobby! Always look forward to seeing you and Lisa. Thanks for the offer to help. Too soon to tell what we'll need. I do NOT think we'll try a potluck for 300. Not in the ECCC building - just too tight.

In fact, for our catered dinners, I'm strongly leaning towards either plated dinners or having service tents setup in the parking lot where the food line goes through the tent and back into the building for seating. Just toying with ideas right now.

jbeletti

Plan on being there for the pre rally.
I'm thinking of 8 June to be there.
Always a great time in Goshen.
Agree with Cookie on that Bakery, that was an excellent stop.
Really looking forward to Las Vegas in 2016.
Should be a great trip out and back.

Hockster

Hi Gary - Vegas in 2016 is still in the "planning" stage but is not a for sure deal yet as I need time to work on a contract with them. If we can come to terms, it will be a go. Just giving a general update :)

Mikemm62

Mike & Suzanne
Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: IN, Goshen - 6/16/2015 to 6/21/2015

We are on our way>>>>:cool:

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
You just know Mike and I are going to be there. Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
So much fun and such wonderful people. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, as well as meeting new friends.

jbeletti

Potential Entertainment - The Cavern Beat

Would anyone be into this group if I hired them for the rally?

The Cavern Beat (LINK).

Last edited:

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Re: Potential Entertainment - The Cavern Beat

Will Paul & Ringo be attending as well? I'd like to meet Barbara Bach.

olcoon

Sally is up for them, but after spending a week in Mountain View, AR. I think a group called Possum Juice would be great!!! You say I'm a Red Neck...I'll have you know my neck is light maroon!!!

jimpav

Yep.......Since I believe that most of us Heartland owners are baby boomers ('46-'64), this group would be quite nostalgic. Simply Diamond, a Neil Diamond tribute group we heard in Ottawa, Illinois, would also be a good choice.

szewczyk_john

I can get into any live musical act but I would prefer an act that concentrates on an era or period of time over one that is a single group's tribute band. I mean I would rather hear a nights worth of late 60's and early 70 greatest hits then to hear a single group perform their version of the Beatles top 20 hits. Just my 2 cents.

kkamshop

It was on the news that 50 years ago this week the Beatles played at the Indiana State Fair! 50 years, omg...

Kbvols

I can get into any live musical act but I would prefer an act that concentrates on an era or period of time over one that is a single group's tribute band. I mean I would rather hear a nights worth of late 60's and early 70 greatest hits then to hear a single group perform their version of the Beatles top 20 hits. Just my 2 cents.

I would agree with you. For whatever it is worth.

rjr6150

X2 for Kathy and I

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
As a rule, I'm not into tribute bands, but these guys actually sound really good. Trace