Opinions Wanted: Water and Ice in the Refrigerator

What is your interest in a water dispenser and icemaker in an RV refrigerator?

• NEITHER: We would NOT be interested in a refer with a water dispenser and icemaker

Votes: 47 50.0%
  • STAND ALONE: We prefer a stand-alone icemaker. We have NO interest in a water dispenser in the refer

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • WATER ONLY: We prefer a stand-alone icemaker. We ARE interested in a water dispenser in the refer

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • ICE ONLY: We ARE interested in an icemaker only in the refer

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • BOTH: We ARE interested in both a water dispenser AND an icemaker in the refer

Votes: 27 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

This poll has been placed in the Bighorn community but applies to all brands.

Those of us with non-RV homes enjoy water and ice in many of our home refrigerators, but our "camping" styles and needs may be different from our "at home" styles and needs.

So, we'd like to know how important it is to you, having a water dispenser and icemaker in an RV refrigerator.

Please take a moment to choose a poll answer that best fits your camping style and needs.

This poll will be open for 30 days. Thanks for sharing.

danemayer

If prospective buyers who are interested in ice makers/water dispensers understood the winterizing issues, I wonder how many would opt out.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
If prospective buyers who are interested in ice makers/water dispensers understood the winterizing issues, I wonder how many would opt out.

Winterizing. What's that?? Lol. I stay out if those cold places. Seriously though I would prefer both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123camper

We use our RV during the winter for weekend outings. I like the idea of the res ref but without the water and ice. It's to hard to get the taste of antifreeze out of water line. We would rather just drink filtered water from home and use ice trays. We winterize every second or third weekend so it just easier go use to haul 3 gallons of water from home. We use our tank water for showers and toilet. We dewinterize at the campsite, fill our tanks, then winterize before we head home. No need to have furnace running while traveling. Just our thought and the way we do it.

VKTalley

My reason for not wanting ice/water dispenser is our current refrigerator (nonresidential) has an ice maker and the water line has developed holes two different times, once outside of the slide and once under the stove area inside. We have found it is cheaper to buy a bag of ice than worry about another water line leak.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We use our RV during the winter for weekend outings. I like the idea of the res ref but without the water and ice. It's to hard to get the taste of antifreeze out of water line. We would rather just drink filtered water from home and use ice trays. We winterize every second or third weekend so it just easier go use to haul 3 gallons of water from home. We use our tank water for showers and toilet. We dewinterize at the campsite, fill our tanks, then winterize before we head home. No need to have furnace running while traveling. Just our thought and the way we do it.

Blow out the water line and ice maker with air first. Then shut off the supply line before running antifreeze thru. That way no antifreeze taste gets in the refrigerator lines. Leave that line closed during winter camping.

shelsay

Definitely want both water and ice through door. Don't have to open doors so often so frig runs more efficiently--plus it's just more convenient.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
No interest in either. Have it at home never use the water dispenser and use so few cubes they "dry out" during the defrost cycle. Not to mention something else to malfunction.

Last edited:

jbeletti

I prefer both but I could settle for an ice maker only. In that case, I'd likely add a drinking water faucet to the counter top near the sink and install additional filtration for it.

Lou_and_Bette

Would like an ice maker in the refer...don't care for through the door option. Most home refer problems are related to the through the door ice/water dispensers.

Steadfast

We went with both if it was a residential fridge with enough room (on our next coach). Also, it should be fairly easy to winterize with air. Thanks.

olcoon

We have the ice/drinking water option on our fridge at home. The only time the water gets used is when the step-son comes over & uses it. The ice coming out of the door is convent, but I don't think I'd want it in a coach, because of the winterizing issue. We currently use ice cube trays, and are talking about getting a portable ice cube devise, that won't need to be winterized.

Status
Not open for further replies.