What did you do to your camper today?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
With our situation, I only do that to get one filled, then it goes back in the cabinet. I use a bungee cord to keep it from sliding around. I don’t have extra tanks other than a 20lb. for the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes a milk crate can work best for a short trip to get it refilled. Ours for a refill is near Tony's work, a 5 mile trip into town, plus some in town driving during the day, then 5 miles back to our park.

When we go to Colorado or New Mexico for skiing, we take an extra tank because we will typically be experiencing 30s to teens at night, with holidays and weekends, you don't want to chance running out.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yesterday (Thursday) I had a 100lb propane tank delivered as running every two or three days to get a 30lb’er filled is starting to get old fast.

Plus, I found a window shade for a motor home at Camping World that (when folded just right) fits that huge back window perfectly and keeps the cold out.

I noticed a big difference in here last night!

Plus, I got one that covers the window in the entrance door as it seems that no matter where I park I get that morning sun in my face through that window!

Also spent half the day cleaning, vacuuming, doing dishes (by hand-haven’t done that in a long time), getting situated and putting stuff away since I just moved in to the Prowler full time two weeks ago today and parked here at this RV park one week ago today, but have been working, plus still finishing getting stuff out of the house.

Close on the house sale next Friday...can’t wait to get that over and done with!

Chippendale

Close on the house sale next Friday...can’t wait to get that over and done with!

Wow, closings move fast in CO, or did you have a "cash" buyer? With as many showings as you indicated you had lined up, and how fast it sold, I hope you received way above asking.

BrannonB

This is a few days late, but I winterinzed my TT not one, but TWICE Saturday. 😬.

After a week long freeze I figured it was time.

JWK

I cleaned and emptied my old camper in preparation of trading it in on a new fifth wheel. What did you do?

f8deb54237e5742fd4a6ecc9e47e04ee.jpg

Rod in the closet will not break again. I added a shoe or sweater rack out of cedar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Wow, closings move fast in CO, or did you have a "cash" buyer? With as many showings as you indicated you had lined up, and how fast it sold, I hope you received way above asking.

Was supposed to close yesterday, but the buyer tried to pull a fast one, so I dumped him and went with the second offer.

It is a cash sale as I just want to get’er done so I can hit the road...

No screwin’ around with FHA or banks telling me I need to do this or that!

Close next Friday now!

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
John, Sounds like things are moving forward with only a few hiccups. Houses here in Reno/Sparks are closing just as fast or faster. We've got a real housing shortage as well as lack of apartments. What with Tesla, Switch, Apple and Google moving in.
Good luck with the fulltime living.
George

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Was supposed to close yesterday, but the buyer tried to pull a fast one, so I dumped him and went with the second offer.

It is a cash sale as I just want to get’er done so I can hit the road...

No screwin’ around with FHA or banks telling me I need to do this or that!

Close next Friday now!

John, we hope your closing on Fri. goes smoothly and look forward to seeing you at the M & G Saturday at Rock Bottom.

danemayer

How did you get it apart?
Bob, it was quite some time ago, so I don't have a precise recollection. But I think there's a large nut with flange on the underside of mine. I think I had to start by unscrewing the fittings that hold the p-trap and getting the trap out of the way.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This weekend we also finally upgraded our RVLock door lock to one-button locking! I purchased the control board and keypad board back on Black Friday, and just got around to doing it!! Love the ease of one button push to lock.

Chippendale

This weekend we also finally upgraded our RVLock door lock to one-button locking! I purchased the control board and keypad board back on Black Friday, and just got around to doing it!! Love the ease of one button push to lock.

Erika, thanks for reminding me, I purchased an upgrade kit too and had forgotten about it. Hope I can find it, I know it's around here somewhere in a padded envelope.

hoefler

Removed the cook top, modified the cabinet and test fitted a dishwasher and induction cook top. Having our local Corian dealer build and install a peice to fill the hole from the old cook top. It is scheduled for the 15th for install. Wife can't wait.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Removed the cook top, modified the cabinet and test fitted a dishwasher and induction cook top. Having our local Corian dealer build and install a peice to fill the hole from the old cook top. It is scheduled for the 15th for install. Wife can't wait.
Would love to see some pics of that mod.

Peace
Dave

JohnD

Last night I did one very minor thing that I've been wanting to do for a long time . . .

There are two lights over the head of the bed mounted to the underside of the cabinets above the bed.

They have always bugged me as they are so bright that I hardly ever used them.

So last night I had them on as I was looking over some paperwork before going to sleep I decided that this was the last time these **** lights were going to blind me!

I went to the junk drawer in the kitchen and grabbed my square head RV screwdriver and reversed each light fixture so that the bulb was facing the wall on each side of the bed instead of toward the middle of the bed.

While it isn't a total game changer . . . it did knock down the blind me factor some.

Yesterday (Tuesday) also became my first official day of full-timers status as I signed the papers and closed on the sale of my house!

Even though I, along with my four kitties, have been living in the Prowler for almost three weeks now.

Guess that was my big news of the day . . . not the light thingy. :rolleyes: