cold winter hunting

moonshot

I have the 2015 cyclone toyhauler and want to use it to go up to NY and hunt. can I leave water in the tank, maybe half full and leave the coach for a week at a time with no power? or do I need to drag it back and forth each weekend? Is there a way to make a antifreeze/water combo to keep it from freezing so I can save fuel? This is totally dry camping and will need to run the generator for power and heat. I do have he Yetti pack when im there but just wondering.
Thx.
Rob

JeromyS

My opinion your best bet is to haul the water with you. Take a air compressor and be sure you blow out your lines each time you will be gone. If you rig it right you could have a pump from a tank in our truck bed pump water into the city inlet of the trailer that way you are not dealing with the tanks in the coach other than grey\black. Far too risky to leave fresh water in lines and or tank with no heat.

Just my opinion though. I must admit it sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck and be safe!

Lynn1130

The short answer is no. With a week of 20 or below it is likely that the tank will freeze or at minimum the lowpoints/drains and lines will freeze wicking back into the line and freeze them up solid.

We have hunted in temps down to 10 above but that was for short periods (it warms up pretty fast in AZ) but we always have to deal with drain and lowpoint freezes if we do not adequately insulate.