Slide Chicken Strips

'Lil Guy'

For lack of a name for them, one of the 3/4 X6" black do dads that are glued to the top of the slide has come off. I guess these are used to tuck in and unfold the rubber wipers on the slides. There are two on the top and two on the sides of all my slides. Is there a special adhesive to hold them in place? Thanks in advance.

jbeletti

Chicken Strip Sliders sounds like a good sandwhich. Maybe a little lettuce and mayo :)

Seriously though, I'm not sure what they're called. I'd guess they are installed with silicone rubber. But, consider giving Heartland Customer Serivice a quick call (877-262-8032) this morning to find out. They may ask for your VIN. If you're missing one, they may even send it to you. Let us know what they're really called and what adhesive is recommended.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Baker,

Your chicken strips are something I am looking for. After contacting HL could you post the proper name or part number so I can order a few for my Key Largo.

Thanks Murry135

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All, 4-5 months ago I contacted Heartland for the "slide out seal flippers", which is what I called them. The part number is 31107, and is $1.377 a linear foot, + shipping and handling. I purchased white, but I have seen them in black, as well. They have a self-adhesive strip on the back, so peel and stick. However, I did have one I put on my roof come off on a windy day.

IMG_2431.jpgIMG_2432.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just gotta share this story.
Last summer a guy asked me if I knew of something to take the glue off the sides of the slides on his new Sundance.
Thought the factory left some strips of shipping plastic or something on there and peeled them off.
I first laughed then told him what they were. Then he laughed.
Good to have a sense of humor.

Peace
Dave