Thread: Rear End Cap

1. Print this Post   #1

Rear End Cap

A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone had experenced a problem with their rear end cap coming detached from the unit. Some reponded and suggested I contact Heartland, which I did. I was shocked when they stated it was not their problem and that they couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it. I thought Heartland was one step above all the rest I guess I was wrong. The insurance adjuster and the repair man both stated that it looked like faulty workmanship on the manufactures part. They both stated that there were only two screws in one side and only three in the other side and thus the reason for the end cap separation. I was just shocked that Heartland wouldn't do anything about it. They suggested that I didn't maintain my unit and didn't chalk as I should. Not the case at all. Anyhow, just want to voice my disappointment regarding Heartland Customer Service. Thanks for listing, made me feel better. Now to go pick up my unit and pay the $2100.00 repair bill. Next unit (our retirement 5ver) will not be a Heartland product.

Larry & Marilyn
    plus
    Buddy (White Westie)
    F-250 Ford Closely Followed by a 29 MK Heartland Greystone

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body,
    but rather to skid in sideways
    Whiskey in one hand - Cigar in the other
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
    "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Rear End Cap

Hi Grey Ghost,

Did Heartland offer any explanation of why they didn't think it was their problem?

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • Goodyear G114 17.5" tires
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Sailun Terramax A/T 4S, 235/80R -17. 5 Tires
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

3. Print this Post   #3

I had the same problem 3 years ago on a 2008 Sundance. No help from Heartland so I had the unit repaired and sold it.
    I had if repaired in Elkhart at Capitol RV who did a lousy job on repairs. Sorry for you problems.

4. Print this Post   #4
    BouseBill

I would recommend you have the insurance adjuster and repair shop contact Heartland and describe their findings. Never know it might make them change their mind about who is responsible for the shoddy workmanship.

5. Print this Post   #5
    Mountain Region Director Doublegranch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Ghost View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I asked if anyone had experenced a problem with their rear end cap coming detached from the unit. Some reponded and suggested I contact Heartland, which I did. I was shocked when they stated it was not their problem and that they couldn't or wouldn't do anything about it. I thought Heartland was one step above all the rest I guess I was wrong. The insurance adjuster and the repair man both stated that it looked like faulty workmanship on the manufactures part. They both stated that there were only two screws in one side and only three in the other side and thus the reason for the end cap separation. I was just shocked that Heartland wouldn't do anything about it. They suggested that I didn't maintain my unit and didn't chalk as I should. Not the case at all. Anyhow, just want to voice my disappointment regarding Heartland Customer Service. Thanks for listing, made me feel better. Now to go pick up my unit and pay the $2100.00 repair bill. Next unit (our retirement 5ver) will not be a Heartland product.
    Larry, So sorry you are experiencing problems. I hope you are able to get it repaired and start enjoying your unit. Think about joining us in Oct...
    Last edited by jbeletti; 02-11-2015 at 08:39 AM. Reason: fixed quote

6. Print this Post   #6

Quote Originally Posted by BouseBill View Post
    I would recommend you have the insurance adjuster and repair shop contact Heartland and describe their findings. Never know it might make them change their mind about who is responsible for the shoddy workmanship.
    Good Idea, want hurt to try.
    Don
    08 Ford F350 SRW
    13 Big Horn 3055RL
    1 wife 1 dog and me