ATF: Gateway - AC in bunk room leaking

torif

Anyone having a problem with the ac in the bunk room leaking? Maybe I am running them wrong. We usually put both on the same temperature, and if the bunkhouse vent is closed, it leaks. The front one does not leak when closed. The reason we want to close is so more air can circulate in main cabin. Thank you in advance. We have a 2015 model.

Tori

jimtoo

Hi Tori,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure someone will jump in with an answer for you soon. But you might check to make sure the drains are open on the pan under the a/c on the roof.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Thread moved to better area also.

hoefler

Where is it leaking from?? The unit or the vent?? If it is the closed off vent, it is most likely condensation collecting on the vent.

torif

It is coming from the vent. It seems to do it most when we close the main vent in the bunkhouse to allow more air circulation to the main area. Is there a way I can stop this from happening?

Thank you,
Tori

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are you running the fan on high? These AC units tend to ice up if there is not enough air flow. When the ice melts you will get dripping.

Peace
Dave

whp4262

Run the A/C on high fan.

As jimtoo suggested I would pull the shrould off the A/C unit and check the drain pan drains just to rule out that possibility. Every time I've had an A/C dripping it's been a dirty unit and plugged drain holes, they are pretty small so it doesn't take much to plug them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

torif

Can anyone explain what exactly to look for when trying to find the drain pan? My husband looked, but said he is not sure what to look for. Thank you!!

Tori