Are we Nuts?

My wife and I purchased our first travel trailer, a 2016 North Trail 26LRSS, April 20th 2015 and have had a great time in it so far. Traveled over 2000 miles with it and camped a couple weeks on the road and through many states. Here is our question:

We live on an acre and want to know Is it normal to set up in the side yard and camp right at home? We are certain the neighbors think we are nuts. It just seems fun to hang out in our new toy. It is Kinda like having a really awesome tree fort in the yard as a kid.

;)

jbeletti

In the early period of ownership, this is quite normal. I did the same thing with my first TT. We even invited friends over and had dinner in it a few times. It's a great way, in maybe a safer, more comfortable setting for one to get more familiar and comfortable with the new rig. Go for it and have fun!

I still use mine as a nice quiet office. I'll be using it this afternoon for just that.

kowAlski631

Nah, you're not nuts. Invite the neighbors over and maybe they'll understand your excitement. If they don't, oh well.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When we first bought our pop-up we lived in it in the driveway for about a month.
It was fun.

Peace
Dave

MCTalley

We bought our first fifth wheel when we decided to go full-time, but bought it about four months before we were scheduled to hit the road. The plan was to bring it home, get a storage spot and maybe take it out for the occasional weekend until we were ready to hit the road full time. We never did get a storage spot and lived in it full time for four months just a few miles from our house.

TxCowboy

We use our RV like a party room when it's parked in the backyard at home. We run power and water to it and even had a cable and wireless router run for DirecTV for the football season.

It has literally become an extension to our "outdoor" living space and we love it! :)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We did same thing when we had our house. Also lived in it for a week after Rita. Nice to come home from fire station and have hot showers ac and sat TV. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmannj

OK so maybe your crazy!!!! WHO CARES !!!! Live your life have fun....let the neighbors be jealous!!!!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We will stay in ours in the driveway if we come home for a day or two and then leave again. No point in unloading only to reload. Besides if we did not love our rig we would get something else.

RVFun4Us

Nope! Not nuts just having a Blast!! That's what RVing is all about!!
Make those neighbors green with envy! Maybe they will check out RVING! ENJOY!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My wife and I purchased our first travel trailer, a 2016 North Trail 26LRSS, April 20th 2015 and have had a great time in it so far. Traveled over 2000 miles with it and camped a couple weeks on the road and through many states. Here is our question:

We live on an acre and want to know Is it normal to set up in the side yard and camp right at home? We are certain the neighbors think we are nuts. It just seems fun to hang out in our new toy. It is Kinda like having a really awesome tree fort in the yard as a kid.

;)

We do it all the time . . . we call it 'pretend camping'!

I figure that as much as these things cost, there is no reason to leave them all locked up unless we are in a campground somewhere.

We also use our trailer as a hotel room when we have out-of-towners stopping by.

We just got home from a Colorado HOC Campout and completely unloaded our trailer as we just traded it in yesterday for a new 2015 Heartland Prowler P292 5th-wheel.

Sure seems empty with everything but the TV's (television) taken out of it, but we'll probably spend at least another couple of nights in it out in the yard before it is gone in two weeks.

However, now we'll have a new and much larger fun room to get to know!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ours is parked in driveway. We use as an extra room for people staying overnite and an earthquake kit (California ya know).