Under-mount Sink came loose

MTG46

What adhesive is best for putting the under-mount kitchen sink back in place?

2011 Big Country , put a little pressure on the sink and it dropped down, doesn't appear to be anything but adhesive holding it in place and am hoping to only have to fix it once.

Any help would be appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
There should be some sink clips underneath.
You can get some at Menards or Home Depot.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There should be metal clips under the sink. Thats what holds it in place. Then silicone to seal it. You are probably missing some clips.

bsuds

What adhesive is best for putting the under-mount kitchen sink back in place?

2011 Big Country , put a little pressure on the sink and it dropped down, doesn't appear to be anything but adhesive holding it in place and am hoping to only have to fix it once.

Any help would be appreciated.

When packing up to head home this morning I noticed our sink has done the same thing. Haven't had time to look too close yet but it seems to only have silicon holding it in place. 2011 Big Country as well!

mslater

happened to my sink a couple of months ago. there was a wood strip glued to the back of the counter top that the sink clips screwed into across the back ,the clip screws were a hair long and help brake the bond between the counter and wood strip . i re-gluded between sink and top but added a vertical wooden support to help hold the back of the sink …seems to be doing fine

Westwind

Happened to our sink in our 2012 Bighorn the first year we had it and I had to put the missing clips on and re-silicone where the sink met the counter - it has held up well since I made the fix. Seems to have been a problem in the 2011-2012 manufacturing cycle.

bsuds

happened to my sink a couple of months ago. there was a wood strip glued to the back of the counter top that the sink clips screwed into across the back ,the clip screws were a hair long and help brake the bond between the counter and wood strip . i re-gluded between sink and top but added a vertical wooden support to help hold the back of the sink …seems to be doing fine

That's how I was considering to do the fix. Will be getting to it this week. Thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Mine didn't drop much, just enough that I found some small puddles under the sink. Fortunately, they mostly landed in a small wash tub under it. For a double bowl sink, there should be six clips. Two on the front and back and one at each end. On mine, the two front clips were missing, even though there were holes for the screws, so it was just enough that it allowed it to leak. The photo shows what the clips look like. Getting them from Heartland, the clips were about $2.00, but the shipping was almost $11. Lesson learned. Once installed, I ran a bead of clear silicone around the perimeter of the sink where it meets the counter. Been good for a few years now. If you remove the two sponge "drawers" from under the sink, it's a little easier to get at the ones in front.

bsuds

Fixed it today but still need to run the Silicone bead. The clips were loose and screws were stripped and wouldn't tighten. I made 2 supports, one for each side as it seemed easier than trying to move the clips. Figured the screws would just strip again anyway. Poor install by heartland if you ask me. It could have been done better.
They are pretty sloppy with some things.

Westwind

Definitely an area that QA missed. With the bouncing down the road how the sink is held to the counter is important, we stopped putting the covers on the sink while traveling because of the weight bouncing on the sink rim. It seems to have helped.

brlr2000

We've had two Heartland Fifth wheels, and they both had the same problem. Missing Mounting Clips. I made some homemade clips using larger washers and screws. It's kind of difficult to get to all 4 sides of the sink, but once it's done, you'll never have another problem...And don't forget the silicone caulk on the top side.

brlr2000

I just used a screw with a washer that was large enough to catch the edge of the sink...and hold it in place.