Help on getting warranted part shipped and problem fixed

DandM

New to this. Just bought our 2015 Heartland Bighorn 7 months ago. We are 1200 miles from home location. Our bedroom slide out had a cable break and we have been waiting for 2 weeks for the part to fix it. Have already paid for an additional week in the current RV park and praying we don't have to stay another week. We are in Sturgis, SD. The local Camping World has been trying to get our part. They say; hopefully... that Heartland will ship the part today (with us paying for overnight shipping) and if we are very lucky that we Might get the part and get it on by Wednesday. My question is... Is this the normal way that Heartland treats their warranty work. We can't afford to wait forever to get parts that should be covered under our warranty. Any help in how most of you guys deal with this would be very much appreciated.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
The best thing to do, is called Heartland to make sure that they have shipped the part. Not rely on Camping World. They will say anything to keep you happy.
Also , when you call that Heartland is sending the correct part. Camping World is known for ordering the wrong parts.

Good Luck

MTPockets

I'm guessing, but that part may have had to come from a second source; in other words, from a Heartland supplier... thus, extra time.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service yourself, have your VIN# handy, and ask when CW ordered the part. You can at anytime call HL service yourself and most of the time they will sent the parts direct to you. They do it all the time. Let us know what HL told you about the ordered parts. I bet it's not what CW told you.

wdk450

New to this. Just bought our 2015 Heartland Bighorn 7 months ago. We are 1200 miles from home location. Our bedroom slide out had a cable break and we have been waiting for 2 weeks for the part to fix it. Have already paid for an additional week in the current RV park and praying we don't have to stay another week. We are in Sturgis, SD. The local Camping World has been trying to get our part. They say; hopefully... that Heartland will ship the part today (with us paying for overnight shipping) and if we are very lucky that we Might get the part and get it on by Wednesday. My question is... Is this the normal way that Heartland treats their warranty work. We can't afford to wait forever to get parts that should be covered under our warranty. Any help in how most of you guys deal with this would be very much appreciated.
When the dust all settles on this fiasco, think about making a posting on RVServiceReviews.com about your experience. Also, always remember you can go to ANY RV servicer you choose for warranty repairs, just notifying Heartland Service in advance. Heartland Service keeps lists of RV repairers they have had good experience with in your area.

L

Lyn

We are new to owning a Heartland and having the same problem as you for the breakage of a cable in the bedroom. We have been waiting 3 weeks and were told by the dealer it could take up to 6 weeks. We live in BC Canada.

danemayer

We are new to owning a Heartland and having the same problem as you for the breakage of a cable in the bedroom. We have been waiting 3 weeks and were told by the dealer it could take up to 6 weeks. We live in BC Canada.

Lyn,

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to tell you when the part was ordered and when to expect it. Parts usually get shipped from Heartland pretty quickly, so unless there's a supplier delay, the dealer's stated timeframe doesn't sound very likely.

donr827

The one time I had to order a part from HL for a under warranty part I had the part in 6 days by normal mail. Did not need it ASAP. You might be able to get the part direct from the slide cable manufacturer much quicker.
Don