Cyclone 4200 Modifications begin here

OEFVET

I told AJ at the visit to Heartland that I would be glad to help them with suggestions and possible changes/upgrades to the toyhaulers. :rolleyes:

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I just put the 4 step on my rig yesterday they said they would not fit but I made it work

Didn't have much of a problem getting the 4 steps to fit into place. Just have a little higher rise from the last step into the camper. About 1.5" more. The girls didn't notice it at all until I showed them. We are going to see if it is an issue here in the future. If so, I will have to cut out some of the back bracing.

OEFVET

Bathroom Waste can

Modifications continue here with the installation of a waste bin in the main bathroom. This was otherwise unusable space. Since it was too narrow for waste baskets I made this one out of wood.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 196
Re: Power Reel

i would love to get some information on this modification you have done for the power cord reel. Would like to add this to my 2015 Cyclone 4200

jimtoo

i would love to get some information on this modification you have done for the power cord reel. Would like to add this to my 2015 Cyclone 4200

Hi mikelibhali,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired

Mike I want to second the welcome as well and personally invite you to both of our up coming rallies. We have one over Halloween weekend in new Iberia at Cajun rvera and one in March at Cajun palms. In fact we are at Cajun palms this weekend. If you are out here look for the big country with the MSU flag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tomsws6

Re: Change Happijack Bed Height

Modifications continue here with the elimination of the top garage bed stoppers that made it very difficult to get into the five foot high bed. The bed now goes all the way down to 30"s from floor. Also I changed the bed stow height to match the height of the front garage ceiling in the CY4200 due to the loft and full bathroom. By doing so I can stow stuff up on it without the need to use the happijack everytime.

So using this mod people can now watch TV from the bottom table?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Hey Chris, nice article in the HOC newsletter. Just goes to prove, Gloria can dress you up....

John287

Hi Chris

It was nice meeting a fellow 4200 owner last week. I have been trying to source a short awning that would cover of main cabin door with no luck. Have you been able to find one yet?? Carefree makes an awning that is 50in and way too long but the action is perfect. It is made for a motor home but needs to be 24-26in max. The awning is very similar to the one for the back patio. I would like to get one and see if I can shorten it up a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Go with the Morryde I just put one on my 4200 and it works great.

John287

Hi Sniper

I installed my pinbox myself. To make life easy on yourself get some 1/2in solid rod or rebar before you start. I also replaced all of my bolts since I just feel that when they are tighted from the factory they may be over tignited. ( better safe than sorry). First check your pin height to the ground. I use the front of the pinbox but that is up to you as long as you use the same point on the we box.Use your truck to help remove the old pinbox. Remove a few bolts from the front and back of the pinbox. At that point slide the 1/2in rod through a bolt hole in the front and back of the pinbox. Remove the rest of the bolts now. You can lift up the box and pull one of the rods out at a time to lower the box onto your truck bed. Reverse the process for installing the pinbox using blocking or a helper to get the box into position. Slide the rods in and check your height compared to the pin height to the ground so it matches your starting number. I checked my torque on the last three trips just to be sure and depending on your camper I was able to go from five to six bolts. I hope this helps.

John287

Check out the Carefree Marquee over the door & window awning. I spoke to them today and they only go as small as 50in. If this could be made to 24 or 26in it would be a perfect fit for above the light over the door. This looks simple enough to make shorter and really only need to exstend about 3ft.

OEFVET

John287:437959 said:
Hi Chris

It was nice meeting a fellow 4200 owner last week. I have been trying to source a short awning that would cover of main cabin door with no luck. Have you been able to find one yet?? Carefree makes an awning that is 50in and way too long but the action is perfect. It is made for a motor home but needs to be 24-26in max. The awning is very similar to the one for the back patio. I would like to get one and see if I can shorten it up a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Go with the Morryde I just put one on my 4200 and it works great.

Let me know how it works out. I have not come up with any better ideas yet.

OEFVET

John287:437972 said:
Check out the Carefree Marquee over the door & window awning. I spoke to them today and they only go as small as 50in. If this could be made to 24 or 26in it would be a perfect fit for above the light over the door. This looks simple enough to make shorter and really only need to exstend about 3ft.

Maybe having an overlap would work better. I may consider it and mount it higher or lower than the existing awnings.

John287

I checked the clearance this morning and 33in would fit perfectly over the light and would not interfere with the awnings when retracted. I have tried to contact carefree but get customer service and they just tell me NO we can't do that. I see Jayco has directly copied the 4200 floor plan. They call it a 4212. They have the awnings over the main cabin door. I will give Heartland a call on this and maybe they can see the error of their ways.

OEFVET

OEFVET:432250 said:
cdensomnia:432203 said:
@oefvet can you post a picture of where you had to modify and fill the lock?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Trailer is at my storage site. I will not be back for about a week. I'll take more pictures at that time.

Here it is..........

Attachments

• DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 258