Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Where did you purchase the motion detector? Part number and cost? A clean install it will be.
I missed this sorry I found it on Amazon $10
6144dc407fd976debbf526b02e316148.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

OK so did you run a line to the high pressure side of the change over valve? You could also look into removing the regulator on the generator and running it from the low pressure side to keep things cleaner. the could be a future improvement.
As you can see in the picture I have 2 different pressure regulators the big one on the wall goes to the gen and the little one up top goes across to the selector valve on the other side. Do you know if they are both the same thing ?
Because that is a good idea to eliminate one and clean it up more. I have that one extra port pluged right now I'm going to run the line back under the coach 8' down between the basement door and the entry door with a set of quik couplers for the BBQ and the fire pit. So looks like I'm going the change it all again soon

Also I'll have to tap into it before the pressure regulator for my BBQ and Fire pit. As they normally connect directly to the tank.

Last edited:

Bones

As you can see in the picture I have 2 different pressure regulators the big one on the wall goes to the gen and the little one up top goes across to the selector valve on the other side. Do you know if they are both the same thing ?
Because that is a good idea to eliminate one and clean it up more. I have that one extra port pluged right now I'm going to run the line back under the coach 8' down between the basement door and the entry door with a set of quik couplers for the BBQ and the fire pit. So looks like I'm going the change it all again soon

Also I'll have to tap into it before the pressure regulator for my BBQ and Fire pit. As they normally connect directly to the tank.

I looked back on your picture again. The small regulator at the top should be what they consider high pressure which is 30 psi. It acts as the first stage taking the high pressure from the tank down to 30 psi. This regulator should feed the automatic change over valve/regulator. The automatic regulator will take the pressure down from there to appliance pressure. The big regulator on the side looks like it is a two stage in one. It looks like that because the generator may need a certain volume of flow from the tank. You would have to go online a get the specs for that flow and see if your automatic change over valve can handle the flow of the heater running and the generator and the stove. Maybe not so many appliances but there could be chance you could starve the system if the regulator can't keep up. I think it is measured in BTU/H I might be off. I do think if would be worth looking into to see what you can do.

danemayer

The factory setup on our 2011 Landmark is a single stage regulator at the doorside tank and an auto-changeover regulator on the off-door-side.

The regulator on the doorside tank reduces the pressure to meet code for a flexible gas hose going under a living area and avoids the requirement for iron pipe.

That hose feeds the auto-change over regulator on the off-door-side, along with a high pressure feed from the tank on that side.

The output goes to an iron pipe running along the frame.

The generator, furnace and oven all get their propane from the same line. As long as everything is working right, the propane supply is enough for all three.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I looked back on your picture again. The small regulator at the top should be what they consider high pressure which is 30 psi. It acts as the first stage taking the high pressure from the tank down to 30 psi. This regulator should feed the automatic change over valve/regulator. The automatic regulator will take the pressure down from there to appliance pressure. The big regulator on the side looks like it is a two stage in one. It looks like that because the generator may need a certain volume of flow from the tank. You would have to go online a get the specs for that flow and see if your automatic change over valve can handle the flow of the heater running and the generator and the stove. Maybe not so many appliances but there could be chance you could starve the system if the regulator can't keep up. I think it is measured in BTU/H I might be off. I do think if would be worth looking into to see what you can do.

All good info thanks.
As it is now, with the selector valve set to street side, the coach pulls from that 40lbs tank only for the (water heater and furnace only) as we have the induction cook top.
The curb side 40lbs tank runs the gen and BBQ only. All good unless I run out on the street side tank or select curb side on the selector valve. I just wanted the option to be able to pull from either tank if I ever needed to.
Also a note I have those tanks with the gauges on them so I know when they are low and need to be refilled. Also since we are doing more Glamping now instead of off the grid camping like we did with the toy-hauler, the gen has about 1 or 2 hours in the 610 months we've had it just from exercising it.
So as it sits now I think it's all set up right except that might not be the proper valve but that's an easy fix.

- - - Updated - - -

The factory setup on our 2011 Landmark is a single stage regulator at the doorside tank and an auto-changeover regulator on the off-door-side.

The regulator on the doorside tank reduces the pressure to meet code for a flexible gas hose going under a living area and avoids the requirement for iron pipe.

That hose feeds the auto-change over regulator on the off-door-side, along with a high pressure feed from the tank on that side.

The output goes to an iron pipe running along the frame.

The generator, furnace and oven all get their propane from the same line. As long as everything is working right, the propane supply is enough for all three.

Thanks Dan
They hacked mine up when they did my Gen install.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
All good info thanks.
As it is now, with the selector valve set to street side, the coach pulls from that 40lbs tank only for the (water heater and furnace only) as we have the induction cook top.
The curb side 40lbs tank runs the gen and BBQ only. All good unless I run out on the street side tank or select curb side on the selector valve. I just wanted the option to be able to pull from either tank if I ever needed to.
Also a note I have those tanks with the gauges on them so I know when they are low and need to be refilled. Also since we are doing more Glamping now instead of off the grid camping like we did with the toy-hauler, the gen has about 1 or 2 hours in the 610 months we've had it just from exercising it.
So as it sits now I think it's all set up right except that might not be the proper valve but that's an easy fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dan
They hacked mine up when they did my Gen install.

Here's what you need, Jerrod!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3swYDQRzFk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, we bought it, been trying it out for a few weeks. The temps have gotten warmer so we aren't going through the propane as quickly.

A few issues:

1. If you have a solid metal base that the tank sits on, the sender may have a hard time communicating. They give you 3 hard rubber feet to put on your tank to raise it. However, with the weight of a full tank, it's very difficult to get a tank in place without the feet coming off. A poor design in our opinion. We used some wood planks on either side of the base to raise the tank up and give the same space under the tank as the spacers did. Works fine now, and easy to load and unload tanks without those feet!

2. The app works great to sync to the senders initially, but both of them lost their sync with our phones and stopped reading. We had to re-sync the senders with the phones, which requires removal of the sender from the tank to sync. Hopefully this doesn't happen often!

3. The interior monitor does not work like you think. Although you can set the phone app to read percentage of full, based on the size tank, the interior monitor reads the number of inches until empty, only. Initially I didn't realize this, and thought my monitor was faulty. At 58% of the tank, the interior monitor showed a "full" reading. Well, what it actually shows: all lights (what I thought was full) = more than 8" of propane, and less lights = lesser amounts until the last light means less than 1.5" of propane.

Once you adjust your thinking on the interior monitor, it's helpful.

You could just use the app. Or just use the monitor. But understand that the two do not show the same thing, unless you set the app to read "inches of propane level" instead of "percentage of propane level".

Otherwise, I think it's an excellent system so far! It's great for a instant reading of your tank levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Now you have me on the fence. LOL I already have the tanks with the gauges, and with the Landmark having the induction cook-top, electric fire place/heater and the 110 water heater switch. We use very little Propane. so rarely have to worry about it.

Bones

OK thanks for the write up and I've bugged out. I'll stay with the looking at the automatic switching valve to tell me I'm empty as well as the push test.

danemayer

Now you have me on the fence. LOL I already have the tanks with the gauges, and with the Landmark having the induction cook-top, electric fire place/heater and the 110 water heater switch. We use very little Propane. so rarely have to worry about it.
And if you run the generator, you don't really need help on propane levels. Running the genny for 9-12 hours will empty a 40 lb. tank.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Add on Mod.
I Made a mounting bracket out of a piece of 2" angel iron. Cut, Drilled, and Painted. This is to mount the propane Quick-couple for the Weber BBQ on the curb side of our coach.
I mounted it about 10' back in between the basement door and the entry door which is where I set up the BBQ table. It started raining so I called it a day before I got my hair wet. LOL
So tomorrow I will redo some of that plumbing I did the other day and finish tying it into the propane system.
58d58f1e28c9bf5835b79c15563c25db.jpg

783b1731f87478bf360a6464068b7f52.jpg
a4b4d7c778cc363f6f07be7af624f003.jpg
dd3bf4127ad3989578ab60c4e6012173.jpg

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Going to run black iron or rubber line to it? Remember that the grill needs the higher pressure to operate.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thank you sir. I have a few mess up's on this though. I might start over and make a new bracket. My two 3/4" holes are not lined up perfectly and after I mounted it, then installed the bulk head and elbow fitting, it's about 1/16" to close to the frame. The hose is touching the frame a little tighter then I'd like. There is no movement between the two so it not a big deal but might redo it anyway.