Issues with my Bighorn

I like concept #2 but would like it better if I wasn't having so many warranty problems with a brand new 2016, 3160el. Both recliners quit working in the first 3 weeks and 2 months later one is still not fixed. My door side slide broke & wouldn't come in, Heartland took so long to authorize the repairs my dealer just fixed it without the new parts. The water valve isn't working properly and the dealer tech thinks it was put in backwards. Still haven't gotten that fixed. When you consider I just purchased this trailer January 11th it makes you worry about the future. My dealer has been waiting for 3 weeks for a gasket to finish the slide repair and the part for the recliner.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

T

TomMontague

JJcrawfish,

Thanks for the vote and I'm sorry to hear about your issues. I can tell you from experience that Heartland approves warranty claims in almost every case within 48 hrs and ships parts within 1 week. If you wait any longer than this as an owner I would be suspicious. My recommendation would be to follow up with Heartland customer service to verify your claim has been submitted. All you need is the dealers name and location and the last 6 of your VIN # and you should get all the answers you need.

Talk soon,
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

mlpeloquin

Sometimes the dealer delays calling, but most of the time it isn't the dealer or Heartland. If the part is not in stock, the order has to go out to the manufacture. This order gets put in on a first come first serve basis. Believe me Heartland ships fast. That is why the shipping cost is so high. If you have to order parts after warranty you will be surprised just how fast the parts come when in stock.

Sometimes the dealer delays calling, but most of the time it isn't the dealer or Heartland. If the part is not in stock, the order has to go out to the manufacture. This order gets put in on a first come first serve basis. Believe me Heartland ships fast. That is why the shipping cost is so high. If you have to order parts after warranty you will be surprised just how fast the parts come when in stock.
Maybe that's why my parts are so slow, it's still under warranty.

mlpeloquin

Maybe that's why my parts are so slow, it's still under warranty.

Not true. I had a chrome rear light bezel disappear. I called in expecting to have to purchase it. Turns out you have to get the entire light assembly. The warranty was still in effect and it was in stock. Not Heartland's fault, but they covered it and it arrived in two days!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sometimes the truth is...dealers fudge to owners or just down right lie. Call HL service and ask questions, Then you will know the truth.

Aandaar

Sometimes the truth is...dealers fudge to owners or just down right lie. Call HL service and ask questions, Then you will know the truth.

This is excellent advice, I just recently had an issue like this where the dealer was telling me they where waiting on HL approval of work. Called HL to find out what the hold up was and they told me they had received no paperwork on my unit. You can imagine how the next phone call went.......

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
This is excellent advice, I just recently had an issue like this where the dealer was telling me they where waiting on HL approval of work. Called HL to find out what the hold up was and they told me they had received no paperwork on my unit. You can imagine how the next phone call went.......

Had a similar experience:

On PDI, we discovered something that looked like overspray on the front cap. Tech first tried to clean, and then took pics saying they would need to get HL approval to get their (contractor) paint guy to look at it, so we agreed to take it as-is with the understanding when we came back for other warranty items, they would have the paint-guy look at it and buff it out.

Forward 3 weeks and I make an appointment with the dealer to have the warranty items addressed. The appt is in 10 days. They know exactly what the issues are, and that we are fulltime, so it must be completed in one day. I've even outlined it all in email, and service manager agrees they understand our expectations.

We arrive on the morning of appt, and first words out of service manager's mouth are, "We don't have record of the paint issue. We need to take pics and send to Heartland for approval."

I luckily was able to arrest my anger, and talk through it to remind them THEY KNEW at PDI, and it's ON OUR PAPERWORK. Not to mention, I've talked to Heartland about it as well, since the PDI.

Long story short, I think this was some smoke and mirrors to cover up the fact that they hadn't scheduled the paint guy after all. In the end, they determined the overspray was under the gelcoat, which would require repainting or a new front cap. They were going to see what HL would authorize, and get back to us.... Still waiting, been a week. What are the chances they haven't called HL yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk