Air Compressor Necessary for 110 PSI Tires

MurrayN.

What are the rest of you using to inflate these 110 psi tires on your rv? Do you depend on service stations or haul along your own compressor and what size of unit is needed. Too small a unit and it could take forever to get those last 10-20 psi in those tires.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
X3, same here and that's all you will need for topping off and/or fill-ups. If the tire is a blown no compressor will help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also carry a Viair in my truck. If I've brought it along for other work, the 3-gallon compressor for my nail guns works, too, if I have 120V available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

BouseBill

WOW , looked at the Viair....and fell over from sticker shock LOL

Gaffer

I got a new Viair 450A from my wife for my birthday in January. Works great on the truck and jeep. Haven't needed it on the Bighorn Yet.

NHCelt

We use a Campbell Hausfeld electric compressor for our g rated tires. No problem getting to 110. We have a power inverter in the truck for road use...which has never happened. Has served us well for years.

Celt

GregP

MurrayN. I also use a VIAR 450P. I had been carrying a small 110 volt compressor with me, but wanted something that would operate on 12 volts in case I needed it on the road, or wherever A/C power was not available. Most of the cheap 12 volt units will not handle the 110psi requirement. The VIAR is not the cheapest by a long shot, but it is solidly made and looks like it will last as long as I need it to. I bought mine on Amazon.ca and found it was actually cheaper than ordering from the US due to the BIG difference in our dollar exchange rate. Amazon also ships free, or did at the time of my purchase.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We use a Campbell Hausfeld electric compressor for our g rated tires. No problem getting to 110. We have a power inverter in the truck for road use...which has never happened. Has served us well for years.

Celt
I use the same and charge the tank off of 120v before leaving. That way I have near 175# in the tank for use if away from power. Never needed more than a few pounds to top off a tire.

brianlajoie

I have a Dewalt pancake compressor. Got it on sale. Not the cheapest, but it will handle all my tire and tool needs.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I got one of these Kobalt air compressors for Christmas:

KobaltAirCompressor-P1010569.jpg LowesKobaltAC.jpg

Runs off of 12-volt or 110 . . . rated up to 120 psi . . . works really well!

I keep it under the back seat of my truck.

Now only $40 at Lowe's.

Next time I drain the water lines in the Prowler I want to see if I can use this instead of my small, but heavy Craftsman air tank/compressor that weighs 40 lbs to blow out the water lines.