Exterior steps / carpet

Brireey1600

Has anyone installed the carpet treads to put on your exterior steps. I bought a package for four treads. And I am unable to put one on the first stair tread. If I do I cannot fold up the stairs for travel. Wondering if anyone else had this problem and what did you do?

Brireey1600

The slip resistant was not really the issue but the carpet was for tracking as much dirt into the coach. I was thinking of some type of exterior adhesive that would stand up to the outside elements. The problem I am having has to do with the springs Verizon on the underside of the step they keep the step from closing. I tried replacing the springs with plastic wire ties but the bottom stair still would not allow me to completely close the stairs for travel

kowAlski631

We had them on our steps when we were full-time, but found them problematic. I slipped on the top step (wet & maybe a slick place) and tore my right Meniscus. Paul took them off immediately. We'd put them on when one of the dogs tore a nail. Fortunately, they're small enough to pick up and carry up and down.

Martha

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had them on our ElkRidge 3 step, and both of us have slipped and fell due to them being slick when wet.

Our new Glowstep Revolution steps are great, very stable aluminum and have ridges that are very secure in the rain and help somewhat with tracking, as well.

14f05927f3cd3be64c0c02d3be0fedb1.jpg

1a3565aa1264e7d424637f8edc9f9f6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Before getting the Porta-Deck, I also used the step carpets. Had to remove the bottom one to fold the steps. Also found those step supports that attach to the bottom step are worthless.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Before getting the Porta-Deck, I also used the step carpets. Had to remove the bottom one to fold the steps. Also found those step supports that attach to the bottom step are worthless.

John, if you are referring to my supports, those are attached to the steps and fold up with the steps. They height adjustable. The steps are rated to 300lbs (or more, I can't remember), and when Tony leaves each morning for work, I can't even tell he's left until the door closes. There is NO BOUNCE.

donr827

The slip resistant was not really the issue but the carpet was for tracking as much dirt into the coach. I was thinking of some type of exterior adhesive that would stand up to the outside elements. The problem I am having has to do with the springs Verizon on the underside of the step they keep the step from closing. I tried replacing the springs with plastic wire ties but the bottom stair still would not allow me to completely close the stairs for travel

I didn't like the carpet on the exterior steps. I put a mat just before the steps to wipe feet on and one just inside the door. Just had to shake and clean every now and then. Worked for us.
Don

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have carpet on the first three steps. The first step folds in easily it's the second step that needs a bit of encouragement!! Carpet is there for cleanliness and so our lab doesn't slip or catch a nail when she launches herself from the second or third step. We also place a mat on the ground and inside the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
John, if you are referring to my supports, those are attached to the steps and fold up with the steps. They height adjustable. The steps are rated to 300lbs (or more, I can't remember), and when Tony leaves each morning for work, I can't even tell he's left until the door closes. There is NO BOUNCE.

No, Erika, I was referring to the ones that bolt to the bottom of the OEM steps.

RVFun4Us

I remove the bottom step carpet piece when we travel so the steps fold up nicely. As others have said, we installed them for the primary purpose of keeping our golden retriever from catching a nail in one of the many holes in the steps. That happened just before we installed them. The carpet does have a tendency of capturing lint and other things. But peace of mind knowing our doggy won't get hurt entering or exiting.