Landing legs

danemayer

If electric, there may be an inline fuse buried in the wiring near the motor.

Another possibility, if you're on shore power, is that there's no power getting from the Power Converter to the battery, and the battery is run down. You can check this by turning off shore power. If your inside lights go out when shore power is off, you have a tripped 12V DC Mini-circuit breaker. There's a row of these little circuit breakers on a buss bar near the battery. The breakers may be covered by a red rubber boot. One of the breakers has a teeny-tiny reset button. I've attached some pictures.

Attachments

• 12V buss bar.jpg
    12V buss bar.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 32
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 28

Rollin_Free

The inline fuse on my rig is about 6" from the brick circuit breaker, shown in danemayer pic, and was hidden behind the battery. The fuse is one of those mini flat ones like you see in vehicles and the holder has a cover over the fuse. I spent 3 hours looking for a problem that was only the fuse. Kind of embarrassing but oh well.

The reason that fuse normally pops is because the retract switch wasn't released before reaching the stop. Others have had the same issue and to prevent it from happening again put a mark on the legs and the drop the legs about 1" and mark it some way so you will release before the switch before hitting the stop again. I now carry spare 30a fuses just in case because that manual crank really takes it out of you.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our fuse is located right next to the battery . . . it is a green fuse . . . 30 or 50 amp . . . but it is green!

I bought a whole box of them, however, I put a mark on the landing legs so that I know where to stop so as not to run them all the way up or down.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If the fuse is blown......replace it with a circuit breaker. You can buy them at any parts hose and fit in the fuse holder. Take the fuse with you to get the circuit breaker so you get the correct size. And yes mark the legs.

Rollin_Free

If the fuse is blown......replace it with a circuit breaker. You can buy them at any parts hose and fit in the fuse holder. Take the fuse with you to get the circuit breaker so you get the correct size. And yes mark the legs.

There's already a circuit breaker connected to the +12v bus and the 30a fuse is between the output of the breaker and the landing gear switch. I'm not sure what size the breaker is but it should be bigger than the fuse.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 17

Gaffer

Mark the legs at full extension and keep an eye on the retraction stops. If you are a non smoker, keep spare 30 amp fuses in the ashtray of your TV and you will always know where to find them.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If you are a non smoker, keep spare 30 amp fuses in the ashtray of your TV and you will always know where to find them.

We have a junk drawer in the kitchen that I keep all of my little stuff, gorilla tape and a few small tools, so I have a hand full of those fuses in there.

Plus, I keep a hand full in a small tool box in the basement.

However, since I marked the legs I've not blown a single fuse since.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The circuit breaker I referred to is an "inline circuit breaker" and goes in the fuse holder that has the fuse.

Rollin_Free

The circuit breaker I referred to is an "inline circuit breaker" and goes in the fuse holder that has the fuse.

Oh I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I didn't realize there is a breaker that could fit in the fuse holder. I'm going to check them out next time at the auto store. Sounds like a good idea for no more fuses. Thanks