Bike racks

Dumboldles

Thanks, the Swagmen seems to be a very solid bike rack. I also went with the positive reviews in researching this product. I always make it a point to check the rack and bikes at stops along the routes and the bikes are securely held. I was concerned about the bikes hitting the rear latter...no problem

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our Swagman bike rack has been with us for years and many miles. Bikes are solidly mounted. As ours is a receiver hitch type I do address the sloppiness that exists at the hitch though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a 2017 Prowler Lynx 25LX and are looking for a rear bumper mount bike rack. Does anyone have one that they would recommend? Prefer that it not need to be welded on, just one I can bolt on.

jimtoo

We have a 2017 Prowler Lynx 25LX and are looking for a rear bumper mount bike rack. Does anyone have one that they would recommend? Prefer that it not need to be welded on, just one I can bolt on.

Hi Shamongman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Your gonna get some yea's and nea's about the bike rake,,, but I'll let them recommend what they do.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Go-Fly

I built a bike rack that bolted to the hard points on the frame. There's a thread around here some place of the build. My dealer really liked the install and said only trailer hitches void the frame warranty. A bolt on bike rack are what the hard point are for. Have close to 4k miles on it with no problems. This is just the mount. Made very light, no bounce and the bike rack bolts on to it.

20170116_171729.jpg

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Was the flip-down rear bumper rack from Heartland offered to your for your Prowler?

If so, the rear bumper should be rated to hold a bike rack.

However, you can also call Heartland with your VIN number and they can look it up and tell you for sure.

Our Prowler's rear bumper is rated for the rear rack, but we decided against it (flip-down rack) as we had the slide out rear bumper rack on our previous Trail Runner and found it to be a real PITA to use.

I would like to find a bike rack that has two hitch mounts instead of just the one so that the bikes don't bounce, but I don't think anyone makes one.