2017 Landmark Model Change Introduction

BusManRG

Love all of the new changes. It now really looks like a high-end 5th wheel! Especially love the new sink and the gas stovetop. Did love the counter behind the dining table, but picture did not show what it looks like now so will have to wait to see what it looks like now. Love wainscoting, so I'm sure it will look great! Can't wait to see all the models with the new changes. Great job!!
Ahhh...they moved the two-toned walls and wainscoting from the Big Horn to the Landmark! That was one of the little things I missed when our new BH arrived last month.

jlsr

I agree the new changes look awesome. I too especially like the stainless sink and the stove top. I guess it's a good thing our Columbus hasn't sold yet so we will wait for the new changed models. The only thing I'm not too excited about is all the dark colors of the exterior paint. Very anxious to see one!

Bones

Well good evening all. Since this thread has already been started I thought I would post a few pics in here for you all. Some are not the best but you can at least see. I was at Hershey this weekend and got a chance to look at the Landmark models.

0916161022a.jpg 0916161026.jpg 0916161026a.jpg
I have to say I love the lighted slide trim pieces. This was in the Charleston. I think.

0916161027.jpg

0916161027a.jpg 0916161034.jpg 0916161035.jpg 0916161035a.jpg

Some people didn't like the stove however seeing it in person brings it out. Nice job guys. The lighted back-splash looks awesome.

0916161031.jpg

I want this sink in mine

0916161035c.jpg 0916161036.jpg0916161035b.jpg

I think this is the OSHKOSH. Very nice unit and the only thing I would strongly say about it is the Door. Something has to be done about that door. Outside that the slide in a slide was awesome. You end up with so much more room to move about and your not tripping over a dog or falling over a bed. Now only if I could figure out how to put a slide in a slide for my bedroom. ha. :cool:

Attachments

• 0916161022.jpg
    0916161022.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 165

jbeletti

Dave - thanks for the pics. What is the issue with the door and what door are you referring too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks for sharing Dave.
It's funny how what one person like someone else doesn't.
I really don't like all of the lights in the slides and backsplash.
The sink and stove top are awesome though.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bones

Dave - thanks for the pics. What is the issue with the door and what door are you referring too?

If I have my models correct it was the door in the OSHKOSH. I wish I took a picture of it. when I was going into the room the door was closed so I had to open it and when I opened it I hit the bed with the door and ran into the side wall and door on my way into the room. it could have just been me. When I turned around to close the door it was misaligned do to its design. It just didn't feel sturdy. Please don't be mad at the messenger :cool:. That was my opinion on what I saw when I was in the unit. I'm not sure a door attached to the slide is the best choice because when you close the slide I am going to assume you need to make sure the door is open. Maybe a sliding door built into the wall that moves with the slide would be best. That way you wouldn't have to remember to open the door when retracting the slides. Maybe I am wrong on how the slide operates.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing Dave.
It's funny how what one person like someone else doesn't.
I really don't like all of the lights in the slides and backsplash.
The sink and stove top are awesome though.

My pleasure. I didn't look too hard but you may be able to turn them off. They are probably accent lighting.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If I have my models correct it was the door in the OSHKOSH. I wish I took a picture of it. when I was going into the room the door was closed so I had to open it and when I opened it I hit the bed with the door and ran into the side wall and door on my way into the room. it could have just been me. When I turned around to close the door it was misaligned do to its design. It just didn't feel sturdy. Please don't be mad at the messenger :cool:. That was my opinion on what I saw when I was in the unit. I'm not sure a door attached to the slide is the best choice because when you close the slide I am going to assume you need to make sure the door is open. Maybe a sliding door built into the wall that moves with the slide would be best. That way you wouldn't have to remember to open the door when retracting the slides. Maybe I am wrong on how the slide operates.

- - - Updated - - -

My pleasure. I didn't look too hard but you may be able to turn them off. They are probably accent lighting.

We saw a new 2017 Big Country with similar accent lighting in the slideout facia. There are individual switches to turn each of them off. Personally, I'm not a fan.

jbeletti

Dave - thanks again for the feedback.

My guess is the slide-in-slide of the OshKosh may not have been all the way out (48") due to space limitations and perhaps that had a bearing on the door hitting the bed.

I'll be sure Andy gets your feedback on how the door is attached to the slide and how the alignment to the latch side was off.

I too can confirm that the accent lighting in the slide fascia can be turned off and left off. I'm wondering if the color temperature was around 3500 degrees kelvin (nice warm yellowish), rather then being 4k+ (bright white), if that may have been less offensive. Or even RGB, adjustable by the owner with a remote!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I too can confirm that the accent lighting in the slide fascia can be turned off and left off. I'm wondering if the color temperature was around 3500 degrees kelvin (nice warm yellowish), rather then being 4k+ (bright white), if that may have been less offensive. Or even RGB, adjustable by the owner with a remote!

Jim, I think you have found a solution! Color-adjustable or a warmer color would help. I'm still trying to figure out, who wants "blue glowing columns" in their house?

jbeletti

I spoke to Andy and he says a change is coming in production very soon for the fascia lighting: warmer LED :)

Bones

If I could add those lighted columns in mine I would. I like them. But I like jim's idea even better with color changing

Mburtsvt

I said it before, and I will say it again. Less Toll Brothers - more Ikea. Just saying. Of course I have a Landmark, so what do I know.

jbeletti

Hope they get rid of them before we replace ours again. They have lots of time. LOL

Jerrod - Unless you experience a total loss of your unit, I'd never get rid of that highly modified unit! :) Good news also - you can always leave the lighted fascia circuit turned off.

Bones

Jerrod - Unless you experience a total loss of your unit, I'd never get rid of that highly modified unit! :) Good news also - you can always leave the lighted fascia circuit turned off.
I agree with jim. You have a ton of mods and you would have to start all over again.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I know but there always better the second time.
I'm just dreaming. We had our last one 10 years and it wasn't even close to what this one is.