2018 mid & mid year Landmark Newport changes

fastcarsspeed

We seriously looked at doing this but the Toy Haulers just fit the bill better. I think because I would like to put a couple ATV's in it and then go out West and have some fun in the future. I think it is great when you want to move up to a more living room model and not lose the space of the garage. We do get envious of the living rooms in your units.

porthole

Retired
JB posted the newest Landmark MSRP.

Some changes of interest.
Under the forced options:
  • MOR/ryde suspension - not sure which MOR/ryde though
  • MOR/ryde zero G entry steps (these are the steps the fold up inside the trailer)
  • Power tilt bed
  • King mattress
  • 3 AC's standard
  • Two awnings standard
  • Power Theatre seats standard

The queen bed is now an extra cost option

The interior trim "names" have changed, don't know if the color or patterns changed as well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

• MOR/ryde zero G entry steps (these are the steps the fold up inside the trailer)
  • Power tilt bed
  • King mattress
  • 3 AC's standard
  • Two awnings standard

The interior trim "names" have changed, don't know if the color or patterns changed as well.

At the factory in June there was a big box of MorRyde CRE3000 suspension pieces. I saw them on all the display rigs, including the Landmarks. So I would assume that, unless they decided to give Landmark an upgrade -- which would be the SRE 4000. I doubt it would be independent suspension without a big price increase or more attention given to it in the feature listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stickdog

I wonder if the person or persons that decided steps that store in the trailer were a good idea ever camped in a slushy or muddy campground. Must only be resort types. It seems that all the upgrades are the items we didn't want, third AC, theater seating, king bed and now they want $163 to downsize to a queen?

porthole

Retired
Re: 2018 mid & mid year Landmark Newport changes

At the factory in June there was a big box of MorRyde CRE3000 suspension pieces. I saw them on all the display rigs, including the Landmarks. So I would assume that, unless they decided to give Landmark an upgrade -- which would be the SRE 4000. I doubt it would be independent suspension without a big price increase or more attention given to it in the feature listing.

Probably. But in the future .......
The Goshen special no doubt was a marketing push to gauge interest.
But, probably too small of a response to really gather reliable data.

Remember the rally Q&A with Tom M - "no to disc brakes" until 80% of those in attendance either have them or wanted them?

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if the person or persons that decided steps that store in the trailer were a good idea ever camped in a slushy or muddy campground. Must only be resort types. It seems that all the upgrades are the items we didn't want, third AC, theater seating, king bed and now they want $163 to downsize to a queen?

ANYONE ordering a Landmark should be aware of these steps being standard..

Because of the way they are installed, the recessed area under the entry door is not opened up, you get a smooth finished panel. So you would have to cut up your new Landmark if you decide you don't like the steps after the fact.

And to bring it up again. Those that are height challenge may not be able to reach the door handle without the steps and with the new friction door your leverage is greatly reduced reaching up like that.

arrgghhh - paint the heater cover !

Attachments

• IMG_2570 copy.jpg
    IMG_2570 copy.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 50

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Re: 2018 mid & mid year Landmark Newport changes

Probably. But in the future .......
The Goshen special no doubt was a marketing push to gauge interest.
But, probably too small of a response to really gather reliable data.

Remember the rally Q&A with Tom M - "no to disc brakes" until 80% of those in attendance either have them or wanted them?
But will they listen to us? Still QC issues from what I hear and see.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

chaplady

We we're told at the factory we visited this past Wednesday that big horns and the travelers along with big country, from start to finish they could turn out 20 rigs a day.The landmark is 2 days before heading to paint for another 3 days. Still hard to believe but they were pushing them through as we were their.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
After taking the tour this June, 20 rigs a day sounds very far fetched

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired

• Power tilt bed
  • King mattress
  • 3 AC's standard
  • Two awnings standard

Not sure what More/ryde was thinking when they came up with the G entry steps they in its self would keep me from buying a unit. Apparently they don't camp when it rains because once they are wet and muddy it is in your camper plus the smell if you close your camper up the steps sit wet in your camper until you return (not everyone keeps their camper at their home) Bad design.

jbeletti

Not sure what More/ryde was thinking when they came up with the G entry steps they in its self would keep me from buying a unit. Apparently they don't camp when it rains because once they are wet and muddy it is in your camper plus the smell if you close your camper up the steps sit wet in your camper until you return (not everyone keeps their camper at their home) Bad design.

Colleen - I think the answer here is "these steps aren't for everyone". I like them but like the Lippert Solid Step, can see how the all-or-nothing steps are not a good fit for many.

That they will be standard on Landmark is something that I sense could change as feedback comes into LM management from users.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Colleen - I think the answer here is "these steps aren't for everyone". I like them but like the Lippert Solid Step, can see how the all-or-nothing steps are not a good fit for many.

That they will be standard on Landmark is something that I sense could change as feedback comes into LM management from users.

I would like to see them as an option as if I was replacing my current unit I would have to think twice about it the the stairs are a big issue for me just my opinion I'm sure there are people out there who do like them but I prefer them being outside the door. Thanks Jim

porthole

Retired
I'd like to see Dale Fenton's electric steps as an option. Been long enough now the no compete should be done.

jbeletti

I'd like to see Dale Fenton's electric steps as an option. Been long enough now the no compete should be done.
They were $1500 last I knew. Not sure who sells them. I don't think he sold that product to Lippert. MORryde showed their prototype of a similar step at the Tampa show this past January.

porthole

Retired
They were $1500 last I knew. Not sure who sells them. I don't think he sold that product to Lippert. MORryde showed their prototype of a similar step at the Tampa show this past January.

Lippert has electric steps, but I have not seen them to compare to what Dale put on the DRV's

Amazon & camping world has the Lippert and the Kwikee which I think the Lippert also is the same, priced from around $650 - $1000