Slide Seal

Flyerone

The inside slide seal on the door side slide starting moving backwards while driving, It almost came all the way off so I just removed it, what is supposed to hold the seal in place? It fits in a rail on the body side.

Attachments

• Slide Seal.jpg
    Slide Seal.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 69

wdk450

The inside slide seal on the door side slide starting moving backwards while driving, It almost came all the way off so I just removed it, what is supposed to hold the seal in place? It fits in a rail on the body side.

The seal slides into that rail you removed it from, and should have a screw and washer through the seal into the side of the trailer at each end of the seal. The screw/washer frequently pull through the rubber and allow it to move. I have used drawer mending plates instead of washers, and used 2 screws at each end of the seal.

mending plate.jpg

Flyerone

Thanks, I don't see any screws, maybe they forgot to put them in. What size screw should I use, stainless steel?

wdk450

Thanks, I don't see any screws, maybe they forgot to put them in. What size screw should I use, stainless steel?

Tom:
Unless you live on the coast or under a waterfall in California, you shouldn't HAVE to use stainless. Heartland doesn't. I would say offhand a #8 - 1" should be about the right size. You might look for other screws in your other top slide seals for samples.