Landmark Poll: Your thoughts on a different type of table for a shorter (35') unit

Would you be okay with NOT having a traditional dinette table (have removable table instead)?

• Yes - this would work for us in order to get a shorter unit

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • No - this would not work for us - we'd rather see something else removed or made smaller

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dlw930

Heartland should hire the guy who designs the interiors on Tiny House. He comes up with some amazing things to save space while still maintaining function.

I'm not in the market for a shorter luxury 5th wheel. We use our new dinette designed by Focal Wood Products several times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We never use the dining table for eating but my wife uses it extensively as her "office". IMHO Landmark has lost a lot of it's appeal for glitter that doesn't add anything to livability. It IS the top of the line trailer in the Heartland lineup but adding lights that will likely stop working within the first year or two of full time use is not something I am interested in. Taking away valuable storage space for a television in the underbelly will not work either.

porthole

Retired
Heartland should hire the guy who designs the interiors on Tiny House. He comes up with some amazing things to save space while still maintaining function.

Heartland should hire some people who actually go camping in the RV's

HOOKERUP

For Rhonda and I we always eat at the table and have had all 4 chairs at it many times some times 5 chairs to play games.
We NEVER eat in the living room at home or our RV. Sounds like we're the odd ones on this thread.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Wife and I always eat at the table. That is why they call it a dining table. You are not alone.

SLO

We always eat at our table, unless we eat at the camp site table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We immediately replaced the uncormfortable POWERED theater seating with two Lazy Boys and two collapsible TV tables for eating meals. Have my laptop on the dining room table.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Heartland should hire some people who actually go camping in the RV's

I have said that for years. If the designers and brand managers would just use their products in real time in a campground, the light bulbs would light up! Make me CEO for a day. I would mandate that each brand manager take a unit at random that comes off the assembly line, and then go camp in that unit for a full week. Do this every time a new model or floor plan is manufactured.

jlsr

Been looking at the rendering again for a bit. Looks to me like there is not enough counter space. Island would need to be much bigger.

carl.swoyer

In the diagram showing, I think the island is too much into the living room space. Slide the island to the right and provide a flip up bistro off the end of the island. This will separate both areas and you would not be looking over and threw the island.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Another post reflects on no counter space, a valid point indeed. The two ladyboy chairs awkward

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dlw930

I realize the poll is about layout/function, but a slide-in-a-slide where the majority of the weight is in the secondary slide (furniture + body weight) will present some structural issues beyond what you have in a bedroom double slide. You'll be cantilevering 400-500 lbs plus the weight of the slide 4 or 5 ft out from the support.