Landmark Louisville....almost here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok....I've changed some more things (beyond the bedroom flip), based on your input and how I see my wife and I using an RV when we retire.

Change #1 - Lets face it, people are online more, and for our needs, having a "U" shaped desk area would be great. We have this desk setup in our home office and love it. So I removed the dinette and replaced it with a "U" shaped desk. This allows 2 people to be using their desk at the same time. My concept would also included a hidden section on the "arm" part of the desk, that would allow you increase the length, in case you want to have guests over to dinner. This would then be used as your table. With no guest involved the "arm" section will act as your everyday dinning table.

Change #2 - I swapped the stove and refrigerator, as just about everyone want to have access to refrigerator with slides in.

Change #3 - Included angled stairs, to allow access to bedroom and bathroom while slides are in.

View attachment 50285
I think the bedroom slide need to be bigger, with a nightstand and a cabinet. From the window forward. There is not much storage in the living area so every little bit helps.
Myself I'd loose the slide in the slide and make a nice big slide from the window to the closet.
With cabinet, then nightstand, then bed and another nightstand on the opposite side too. Not a shelf...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

That seems like an easy fix for Heartland to move island down 6-8"....what ever is needed to get 1 door open.

I'm liking your changes and I don't see how moving the island would be a problem.... Maybe Heartland needs to get input and then turn the engineers loose on the input, not what they think an RVer wants.... What a novel concept.

danemayer

We hope to run the prototype in late March/early April and start production in May.

Folks, just a reality check. Prototype in late March probably means that most, if not all, of the engineering work has already been completed and parts have already been ordered for the prototype to be built this month. I would hazard a guess that any significant changes at this point would make production in May impossible, not to mention impact other engineering work.

Will Andy read all the feedback, make changes, and reset the schedule? We'll see. But any Louisville we see in May will probably look a lot like the floor plan in post #1. Or maybe we'll see something in the Fall.

BTW, I'm wondering why the bedroom slide is on the doorside. Given the choice between there being a good reason, or it being a mistake, I'll bet there's a reason.

SNOKING

Maybe it is a design for down under and they just forgot to move the entry door to other side?

Status
Not open for further replies.