Electric Awning

MallardHead

Noticed when putting awning out to dry after a good soaking rain the arms don't want to extend away from the unit without a little nudge...both ends it unrolls just doesn't want to extend...once I give the arms a little pull away from the unit out she goes and rolls up nice also .... I had it over for some warranty work at camping world and told them and even showed the guy a video of what it was doing ... they said could be from being wet or the colder temps.... anywho when they extended it to see it went out perfect so they could not tell... I bring it home today and just for shins and grins I hit the awning button....unrolls but no extension of rhe arms without a nudge... any thoughts fellow Heartlanders

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

rhodies1

Noticed when putting awning out to dry after a good soaking rain the arms don't want to extend away from the unit without a little nudge...both ends it unrolls just doesn't want to extend...once I give the arms a little pull away from the unit out she goes and rolls up nice also .... I had it over for some warranty work at camping world and told them and even showed the guy a video of what it was doing ... they said could be from being wet or the colder temps.... anywho when they extended it to see it went out perfect so they could not tell... I bring it home today and just for shins and grins I hit the awning button....unrolls but no extension of rhe arms without a nudge... any thoughts fellow Heartlanders

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32

When you extend the awning,stop it about a foot or so from your rig and check the inside edges of the arms for any signs of scuffing.My awning was doing the same thing and upon inspection noticed that the arm was scrapping against the rivet on the wall bracket on the unit.
I simply pulled the arm bracket apart a little wider with no further issues with it sticking on the wall bracket when closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MallardHead

When you extend the awning,stop it about a foot or so from your rig and check the inside edges of the arms for any signs of scuffing.My awning was doing the same thing and upon inspection noticed that the arm was scrapping against the rivet on the wall bracket on the unit.
I simply pulled the arm bracket apart a little wider with no further issues with it sticking on the wall bracket when closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Will do that. ..thanks

Kevin & Kandy Jones
HOC Member #3501
2017 Mallard M32