Carefree Freedom Patio Awning won't retract completely

wilsonxjr

Hello all!
2021 Cyclone 4007 with a Carefree Freedom Freestyle awning on the back patio. Has been working fine for the six-months that we've had the rig, and last week we extended the awning. When we tried to retract, it only retracted about 2/3 of the way and just stopped. Now the motor seems to be 'off' as it wants to extend past the limits of the support arms (awning keeps feeding the material even after the arms are fully extended.)
We have tried manually retracting with no success ... still wants to extend too far and won't retract all the way.
I feel like there's a sensor or something that is loose and needs to be reset or adjusted.
Unfortunately, the e-carefree.com website has been down for 10+ days so I don't have access to any information.
Still under warranty, but we're full-timers and difficult to be without our home while the dealer has a look. Heartland doesn't have a lot of confidence that Carefree will be much help, even if they can find someone who will answer.

Anyone have any experience with these awnings that can offer some direction?

Thanks in advance!

Matt750

Try this manual. I haven’t messed with it in a while, but i seem to remember a limit switch on the driver side cap of the awning (you’ll have to remove the cap if I remember right).

Attachments

• 052563-301r10 Freedom-WM-Service-Manual.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 26